• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
@ChickenBalls since I am such a "noob" on this and it may help others(Yes guys I still run dual nimh's on some of my birds) what smartfly system do you suggest, recommended vendor, types of lipo's etc,. As our aussie/mexican friend in Tucson Az says "mucho gracious". :big-grin:

Just my $0.02, but a fartfly system isn't needed with modern electronics. Especially in a 50cc, you want to save as much weight as you can. Just plug the 2s lipo voltage directly into the rx and then to your servos.

emtp275

100cc
Made out today with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969, In your face profile Pic's this was taken with no zoom mind you and the first flight of another cheep beater!
Warren 1.JPG Warren 2.JPG Gay green 2.JPG Gay green.JPG

Spats

100cc
who wants to start the how to survive the drive to Nall thread? I have a 25 hour drive ahead of my:cautious:

I would love a 25 hour drive. If that's what I had I would go straight threw. I have 4 days 12-13 hours and a half day. We leave on Sunday May 3rd to get there by Thursday if we don't have any problems. Then I have to turn around and do it going home. It's a three week event for me and almost $3k in gas. But I love doing it every year:)

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Made out today with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969, In your face profile Pic's this was taken with no zoom mind you and the first flight of another cheep beater!
View attachment 15412 View attachment 15413 View attachment 15410 View attachment 15411

Great day today fellas, congrats @mulehead1969 for maiden on that MX, looked like it flew well. I'll get a pull on it next time we go out, it sure did stand out in that gray sky today, even Herb could see it.:lol2: Starting to get comfy with that profile also I see, greasing them landings in today.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Man that sucks...no other clubs in your area you could join? You can't be the only one not happy with their BS. If others complain about these
th
then have a Coup d'etat...
Sounds like that's probably going to happen this November. But that's a long way off. There is another club even closer to me that I was in for 15 years, but the runway is tiny and it's really full of fogs.