• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

rmyers

70cc twin V2
I got out this morning. Visibility wasn't good due to wildfire smoke drifting in from the Hayden Pass wildfire. But we had fun and got to fly before the biting flies showed up! Now its time to hit the pool!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Heading out bright and "WAY" early tomorrow. I have a date with a certain Purple Pilot Edge of the BE 124 persuasion. The goal is to hit 5 gallons burned. I am going to beat the livin' tar outta that plane.:devil-dance: I haven't been able to make the 124 stall, quit, die or otherwise give up yet. Maybe tomorrow will be the day? Wish me luck.
:spongebob:

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i'm jealous of you guys! i'm heading to a Coldplay concert tonight with my wife and daughter! my son bagged out and he's staying with my in-laws! i tried to get out of it but my wife is dragging me along!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
What fun! 4 more flights, (84 total now) with the BE 124. Knocking on gallon number 5's door. I had so much fun today I even "danced" the rudder on the runway again. Oops!! Lol
20160716_102448.jpg
But alas, I failed miserably. I fully intended to do everything in my power to get that engine to die, quit, stall or any otherwise stop running. It just wouldn't. I guess I'm stuck with it now. Oh darn.:laughing:
I liiiike this engine!!!:banana-dance:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yes Sir,

I posted some pics in the "What Did You Do In Your Worshop" thread. AWESOME little plane, with a typical ARF shortcoming. Check out my post in the other thread.
Ah ha! Now I remember seeing it. I almost bought one of those last year. But alas, they didn't have one in stock with a redheaded 3dub.:frown: