• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I heard the "sheeeeit":p. I can see from the mojo vid how much the Aura will help. Tic Toc KE will be solid and the plane wont have the tendency to roll out of it! I have been updating your Aura. It will be in the mail by Wednesday!:)

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Well I did it this morning been trying since spring to maiden this plane. It just seemed that is was never going to happen went to the field twice before with some minor problems but if it is not perfect I will not fly and I hate working on a plane at the field. Well everything went as planned and it flew for the first time what a relief and what an adrenaline rush. This is the biggest I have flown to date. I need to stiffen up the tail wheel springs and lean out the motor and go again. Also filling a 50 oz tank with a hand pump is a bit much, 200 rotation. Need an electric one any suggestions. But after all that is said and done it was a great flite and cannot wait for the next time.

BalsaDust

I heard the "sheeeeit":p. I can see from the mojo vid how much the Aura will help. Tic Toc KE will be solid and the plane wont have the tendency to roll out of it! I have been updating your Aura. It will be in the mail by Wednesday!:)

Sweet. Yea the rolling out is just a natural thing for the mojo to do. Newer slabs like the one I'm gonna build you have nice clean KE.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
View attachment 84272 View attachment 84272
Well I did it this morning been trying since spring to maiden this plane. It just seemed that is was never going to happen went to the field twice before with some minor problems but if it is not perfect I will not fly and I hate working on a plane at the field. Well everything went as planned and it flew for the first time what a relief and what an adrenaline rush. This is the biggest I have flown to date. I need to stiffen up the tail wheel springs and lean out the motor and go again. Also filling a 50 oz tank with a hand pump is a bit much, 200 rotation. Need an electric one any suggestions. But after all that is said and done it was a great flite and cannot wait for the next time.
Yeah 50oz is a bit much to hand crank. The only pumps I have any experience with are Jersey Modeler and the Miracle pump. So far my Miracle pump has been awesome, but I think the Jersey Modeler pumps faster.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
@pawnshopmike and @Decal Dennis, if you didn't know it already Midwest Air Wing is having it's big Bird event this Saturday. Ryan's dad is the contest director.

I unfortunately cant be there until the afternoon because a Dodge Viper I'm working on is being a total pain in the posterior and as of right now I'll have to work at least part of Saturday.:(

pawnshopmike

Staff member
@pawnshopmike and @Decal Dennis, if you didn't know it already Midwest Air Wing is having it's big Bird event this Saturday. Ryan's dad is the contest director.

I unfortunately cant be there until the afternoon because a Dodge Viper I'm working on is being a total pain in the posterior and as of right now I'll have to work at least part of Saturday.:(

Unfortunately, Dennis and I are both busy Saturday too.:( But if my other planes fall through, I'll be there!

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Unfortunately, Dennis and I are both busy Saturday too.:( But if my other planes fall through, I'll be there!

Ditto.......sucks we can't make it:( I have to work and then go get some touch ups done on my foot tattoo later that night. It's really hard to get an appointment with him, so I gotta take what I can get! The tat is gonna suck also, cause it's gonna hurt bad lol

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
View attachment 84272 View attachment 84272

Looks similar to the Wild stick 120 I picked up lightly used, minus the glow motor. I'm either going 30cc electric or gas on it

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yeah 50oz is a bit much to hand crank. The only pumps I have any experience with are Jersey Modeler and the Miracle pump. So far my Miracle pump has been awesome, but I think the Jersey Modeler pumps faster.

If you have a hand pump then just tell your buddy to come take a look at the pump cause you think it's leaking air bubbles when you crank it (have him crank it the whole time to check) ;):D

Last edited: