• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

flycanic

70cc twin V2
I've done that round and round thing too. Don't miss it. I really like our runway...it may be in the desert five miles from town, but lots of fun I tell ya. Come up and fly with us....
I would love to do just that. Love going West, way to humid East LOL!!! You can not beat the (BIG SKY COUNTRY) Our nice weather is nice one day, cold the next This morning it is 24 wind chill makes it feel like 15. Staying in the Man Cave today. You know every now and then I feel the need, the need for speed, so I get out one of these and have a blast. IMG_3293.JPG

Last edited:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Hiding in the man cave today. Yesterday was 45- 50 degrees. This morning it has changed from what I posted earlier, now 20 degrees and windy with fog, Yukkk!!!
here are a Couple shots I took,before going down to the man cave IMG_3697.JPG IMG_3698.JPG

flycanic

70cc twin V2
@49dimes I see you like the YS line of Engines. I have two YS FZ 140 four stroke engines One was in a 90-120 Aero-Works Yak 54 and the other I just ran on the bench to set needles oiled, and put back in the box. I was going to Repower A Scratch Built Australian Nomad that I dropped four large Sky Divers from, but I was limited on fuel capacity of 14oz per engine which given the fuel consumption of these engines equated in a 7 minute flight. Which I didn't care for so I scratched the repower and left the OS 108 two cycle engines on it. The two almost new YS FZ 140's I would sell for 200 each or best offer. Now back to the Cave LOL!!!

Picture 784.jpg jerry-5.jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
The two almost new YS FZ 140's I would sell for 200 each or best offer.[/QUOTE said:
Thank you for the offer but in actuality I have traded or sold off all my 140L's. Very strong motors but YS's recent offerings in the 175 -185 (30cc plus range) have the power I look for in 12-14 lb 3D airframes. I will check and see if I can find some one who may be interested. The Edge I flew today weighs 12lbs 3oz at take off and the power and performance with a Mejzlik 19x8 surpasses a 30cc gasser IMO. I will maintain at least 3 YS's but like others here BIG GAS is BAD ASS! lol

At the field today the new con rod and rebuilt regulator in the 61s did great! And of course the 175 hucked the Asian Edge extremely well even in 15 to 25mph winds today. Whew!

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Sure! rub it in, rub it in. :attaboy: Looks like you guys were having fun, All we got to do is look out the window at the 14 degree temps and 10 to 15 mph winds and freezing rain, and work on a few projects

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sure! rub it in, rub it in. :attaboy: Looks like you guys were having fun, All we got to do is look out the window at the 14 degree temps and 10 to 15 mph winds and freezing rain, and work on a few projects
It really was a lot of fun today. I can't believe the weather here right now. Who'd have thought 60 plus degrees, sunshine and light to no winds in the middle of February? It is February right???