• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
Finally got to do one maiden flight on the PAU. Too bad the video is cell phone quality. But ya'll get the idea. 16 mph winds gusting to over 21. Heck with it, If I can't maiden in the wind, I have no business flying right? LOL. This flight was all low rates. Can't wait till I get acquainted with this plane. It's already fun.

Glad it was a good one that's a nice runway you'll got to fly off of also.

Got the maiden in on the Sukhoi today. This thing is going to be a beast. Love, love, LOVE it already. This is the first and only flight so far. One click left aileron and she was good to go.

Maiden day and a little playing around with my Hangar 9 3.1M Sukhoi SU26. I am so pleased with the GP Evo 176 twin. Coupled with the Planebender Large Smooth Pipes, this motor has the torque of a Peterbuilt and the smoothness of a Cummins. Not sure the 3W 3D 32x8-14 is enough prop though, This thing is a freaking animal. My gratitude goes out to Randy, (@Spats ) for giving me the confidence and assurance on this awesome setup. My thanks to Dave Sullivan of @Planebender products for making this happen. This thing is by far the sweetest plane and setup I have ever owned. This flying season is going to..."ROCK".

Try that 3W 3D prop on your 157, you may find the sweetness you are looking for there. That is alot of rip on that 176 with pipes. It is definitely cranking the R's. If you do decide to try the 3D prop on your 157, don't sweat the bolt hole sizes. The 6 bolts just retain the prop to the engine, much like a clamp. I've had to over size the holes to get the bolts to drop in, and have had no ill effects, whatsoever.

Lean out the L needle on that 176 some. I noticed on your take off roll, it gurggled some. Give it about a 1/16 turn to start. I've been thinking about props that you could potentially try, as well. 31x12, 30x13/W, 32x11W, 30x14, etc......... I'm just shooting from the hip, and basing things off the DA200 props. Don't have any experience with a 176. I'm such a 3W guy, that changing blocks would probably send me to an early grave. I said the same thing when I got the EME 60, 120, GP 61 and dare do I say........ a DA 120.

Once you get more time on that 176, do a plug check. High speed, full throttle run then hit the kill switch. Flying preferably. That way, you can have some fun too! :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Try that 3W 3D prop on your 157, you may find the sweetness you are looking for there. That is alot of rip on that 176 with pipes. It is definitely cranking the R's. If you do decide to try the 3D prop on your 157, don't sweat the bolt hole sizes. The 6 bolts just retain the prop to the engine, much like a clamp. I've had to over size the holes to get the bolts to drop in, and have had no ill effects, whatsoever.

Lean out the L needle on that 176 some. I noticed on your take off roll, it gurggled some. Give it about a 1/16 turn to start. I've been thinking about props that you could potentially try, as well. 31x12, 30x13/W, 32x11W, 30x14, etc......... I'm just shooting from the hip, and basing things off the DA200 props. Don't have any experience with a 176. I'm such a 3W guy, that changing blocks would probably send me to an early grave. I said the same thing when I got the EME 60, 120, GP 61 and dare do I say........ a DA 120.

Once you get more time on that 176, do a plug check. High speed, full throttle run then hit the kill switch. Flying preferably. That way, you can have some fun too! :)
Thanks Chris.... I have a Falcon 32x11 I am planning to give it a whirl with. 'Bout the same diff as a 31x12?

Yakman

70cc twin V2
A couple years ago, 3 of us from Rapid City went to Billings Mt for a fun fly. We left hear like at 1;30 am Friday, after loading our stuff. We got to the flying field at 6;30 am and started putting planes together. The excitement began with the dissappearance of a wingtube for a MXS. All us looked all over the trailer, the owner Matt was quite upset that the wingtube was missing. Well Jerry and Matt drove back to town to try and find something, they found a wooden dowel that was suitable. After flying all day and taking our planes apart for the night, Jerry takes the wings off his plane and Matts wingtube slid out of Jerrys wingtube. When Matt was loading his planes in the dark, somehow he got in Jerrys. Perfect fit. Funny as hell, i've called him Wingtube since.