• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I made a simple checklist I go over before I leave:

1. Fuselage
2. Wing bag
3. Flight box (tx, tools, charge leads, etc.)
4. Generator and extension chord

All checked means good to go!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
A couple years ago, 3 of us from Rapid City went to Billings Mt for a fun fly. We left hear like at 1;30 am Friday, after loading our stuff. We got to the flying field at 6;30 am and started putting planes together. The excitement began with the dissappearance of a wingtube for a MXS. All us looked all over the trailer, the owner Matt was quite upset that the wingtube was missing. Well Jerry and Matt drove back to town to try and find something, they found a wooden dowel that was suitable. After flying all day and taking our planes apart for the night, Jerry takes the wings off his plane and Matts wingtube slid out of Jerrys wingtube. When Matt was loading his planes in the dark, somehow he got in Jerrys. Perfect fit. Funny as hell, i've called him Wingtube since.

LoL...Classic Fail!!!! Bet something like "sumuvabi0atch" was heard more than once! Like.... upon discovery....and discovery!:epic:

Last edited:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
We remembered every thing today LOL!! Went out shortly after sun up and flew till 1:30pm. The winds were calm for the first hour or so. We have been seeing more of our members starting to come out and fly now that the weather has been warming up. The winds are calm in the early morning but before noon they are up, got this vid wind 5 to 10 when. Yakman and I started flying winds were up around 10 to 20 and gusty

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just got home and popped a couple of Beef Pot Pies in the ole' Nuker. Now sitting down and going to gather my grins and put them in my happy bag for a rainy day. DANG NICE WEATHER today. Plenty of warmth and sunshine for a couple of friends, My son ( @Shayne Epley) and myself to go out and tear up the sky. And tear it up we did. Plenty of shananigans were a goin' on. My sons Pilot Edge 540/DLE 55 on canister. And Me and the 2 Extra's. Great times....

I really hate cell phone photo's. I have a real nice camera. Just no one available that knows how to use it. LOL

20150213_133712.jpg
20150213_134137.jpg
20150213_134227.jpg
20150213_135459.jpg

Last edited:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Awesome photo's stangflyer. I have seen that view many, many, times from I 84 I was a High Plains drifter hauling Coors beer into Washington state. We had five trucks hauling Hops out of Yakima Wash. into Golden Colo. and beer back into Seattle, round, after round, after round. Over 20,000 miles a month SOLO!! How did you guys get such a nice runway out thaarrr in the High Plains Desert of Idaho? P. S. Good camera operators are hard to find

Last edited:

flycanic

70cc twin V2
Here is what I was out flying today. My Seven year old (SKY CRAPPER) Sky Raider by World Models with an OS AX 46 and Jett pipe. I have been turning this engine at approximately 16,ooo to 17,000 rpm it's three years in this plane. She has been through 3 motors. 1st engine OS FX, 2nd Thunder Tiger 40 Pro, then this OS 46 AX the AX has been through, let's just say many gallons of Power Master 15% . Yakman was going to load a vid he took today, but here are a few photo's. Plane will do around 95 to 100 straight and level, and we have got it on a radar gun at 127 coming out of a high speed dive engine sounds like it is turning 19 or 20,000 rpm out of the high speed dive. has more packing tape and scotch tape then covering LOL!! IMG_3693.JPG IMG_3694.JPG IMG_3695.JPG IMG_3696.JPG

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well....Saturday is here but it is only 1:00am so another 10 hours or so before I head out to a field. @stangflyer @Shayne Epley @flycanic @Yakman good to see all of you gettin' out there and putting smiles on your faces!
I will be like flycanic and glotard it with the bunch I will be with. Got a new con-rod and rebuilt regulator in the YS61 "rocketcat"
and will also have my 25% Edge with YS 175 and Baby Pro Flow
Photo200.jpg Photo279.jpg
I sold the Kaos! but kept the little bad ass YS DZ 70! Looking to put in an electric to glow 3D conversion. Something from Performance Unlimited maybe!? My gassers get a rest this weekend (shudder: for Rob lol)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well....Saturday is here but it is only 1:00am so another 10 hours or so before I head out to a field. @stangflyer @Shayne Epley @flycanic @Yakman good to see all of you gettin' out there and putting smiles on your faces!
I will be like flycanic and glotard it with the bunch I will be with. Got a new con-rod and rebuilt regulator in the YS61 "rocketcat"
and will also have my 25% Edge with YS 175 and Baby Pro Flow
View attachment 12234 View attachment 12235
I sold the Kaos! but kept the little bad ass YS DZ 70! Looking to put in an electric to glow 3D conversion. Something from Performance Unlimited maybe!? My gassers get a rest this weekend (shudder: for Rob lol)
We're going again tomorrow...(today)....wish you were here to fly with us pal.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Awesome photo's stangflyer. I have seen that view many, many, times from I 84 I was a High Plains drifter hauling Coors beer into Washington state. We had five trucks hauling Hops out of Yakima Wash. into Golden Colo. and beer back into Seattle, round, after round, after round. Over 20,000 miles a month SOLO!! How did you guys get such a nice runway out thaarrr in the High Plains Desert of Idaho? P. S. Good camera operators are hard to find
I've done that round and round thing too. Don't miss it. I really like our runway...it may be in the desert five miles from town, but lots of fun I tell ya. Come up and fly with us....