• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

BalsaDust

IMG_7377.JPG

Was a great day to fly. Winds were kind of erratic but was nice overall and got to wear shorts for the first time this year. Come on warm weather I gots lots of flying to do with this plane this year.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Man I hope to post on this forum soon, but the winter just keeps hanging around. There are some real drawbacks living this far north.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Man I hope to post on this forum soon, but the winter just keeps hanging around. There are some real drawbacks living this far north.
Same here, maybe not as bad as where you are & the only thing I got to do at the field so far is roll it , ha !! It was 75 degrees here last Friday & no one else was ready to fly so I rolled the whole place. I'll roll it again after the rain & we get a nice day. I will be test flying 2 Caps when the weather breaks, one is a 50 cc & the other one is a 100 cc. Both are pretty old planes though.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Same here, maybe not as bad as where you are & the only thing I got to do at the field so far is roll it , ha !! It was 75 degrees here last Friday & no one else was ready to fly so I rolled the whole place. I'll roll it again after the rain & we get a nice day. I will be test flying 2 Caps when the weather breaks, one is a 50 cc & the other one is a 100 cc. Both are pretty old planes though.

It does not matter how old they are all that counts is that you are in the air, with a smile on your face.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Looks like it going to be a awesome day, here in the Black Hills. Going to meet some other pilot [other old guys] at Mcdonald's. Then it's off to the field for some heavy duty circle flying. Printed off some of the instructions for different maneuvers they've been posting on here. And practice a bit of Imac.....lol

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

Well that reminds me need to get to the field and see what havoc the mice have done to all the equipment and get everything out of the sheds and cleaned up. And see if everything will start it is almost that time of year again. And roll the field a couple of times for all the scale boys and there retracts and the smaller planes.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Well that reminds me need to get to the field and see what havoc the mice have done to all the equipment and get everything out of the sheds and cleaned up. And see if everything will start it is almost that time of year again. And roll the field a couple of times for all the scale boys and there retracts and the smaller planes.

Do you mow also ?! I rolled one field already ! I do most of the mowing & fixing the mowers & all ,but at two fields, ha !! Still waiting on the weather here to get more done !!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Do you mow also ?! I rolled one field already ! I do most of the mowing & fixing the mowers & all ,but at two fields, ha !! Still waiting on the weather here to get more done !!

There is three of us that share the load. The field was built about 20 year ago and we had almost 60 members and to day we are down to 11 not looking good. But we will keep going as long as we can the cost is growing for the 11 members but it still looks good for a couple years.
Yes we do all the mowing once a week and sometimes twice.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Sounds like both of our clubs, 10 members in one club & about 6 in the other club & both clubs used to have at least 30 members in them.