• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The weather shaped up from chilly and wet to somewhat decent today so my son and I decided to hit the field for a few flights. The breeze was pretty stiff when we got there, but hey a little wind hurt no one right? Turns out Michael from Twin Falls showed up with his 40% DA 200 powered Bob Godfrey Extra and Rick from Caldwell showed up with his 50% DA 150 powered Exclusive Modelbau Ultimate. So we just had ourselves a rather fine IMAC practice session. Woohoo!

20170311_111027.jpg
20170311_111053.jpg
20170311_110949.jpg
20170311_110930.jpg
20170311_111203.jpg
20170311_111224.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
The weather shaped up from chilly and wet to somewhat decent today so my son and I decided to hit the field for a few flights. The breeze was pretty stiff when we got there, but hey a little wind hurt no one right? Turns out Michael from Twin Falls showed up with his 40% DA 200 powered Bob Godfrey Extra and Rick from Caldwell showed up with his 50% DA 150 powered Exclusive Modelbau Ultimate. So we just had ourselves a rather fine IMAC practice session. Woohoo!

View attachment 94256 View attachment 94257 View attachment 94258 View attachment 94259 View attachment 94260 View attachment 94261
How well did the Ultimate fly what did you think of it. At 50% is the 150 not a little low on power. Just interested in bi planes just the setup at the field is one thing that makes me hesitant. I keep looking at that new Hanger 9 biplane.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
How well did the Ultimate fly what did you think of it. At 50% is the 150 not a little low on power. Just interested in bi planes just the setup at the field is one thing that makes me hesitant. I keep looking at that new Hanger 9 biplane.
Interestingly enough, I was very impressed. The plane weighs way less than it should and it flies very well. Light, floaty and graceful when put through her paces. And though I'm loyal to 3w, the DA 150 did not miss a beat. More than enough power for that plane. It does seem to have considerably less performance than my 157cs. While I'm at about 66 static with a Falcon 32x10, his 150 is much less (below 61) on a 30x12 Mejz Evo. But that is not say that big Bird was lacking. Really nice flying plane.

Last edited:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Interestingly enough, I was very impressed. The plane weighs way less than it should and it flies very well. Light, floaty and graceful when put through her paces. And though I'm loyal to 3w, the DA 150 did not miss a beat. More than enough power for that plane. It does seem to have considerably less performance than my 157cs. While I'm at about 66 static with a Falcon 32x10, his 150 is much less (below 61) on a 30x12 Mejz Evo. But that is not say that big Bird was lacking. Really nice flying plane.
Can you imagine what it would be like with your 157CS in it that would put a smile on your face.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

View attachment 94256 View attachment 94257 View attachment 94258 View attachment 94259 View attachment 94260 View attachment 94261

Hey Mister, don't you have a certain biplane you should be working on ? ? ? ? ? ? . . . . . . .:spongebob:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Then again, maybe I need a really big biplane, huh?

Yes with a ZDZ180 :eek::eek::oblong::laughing:

What a freeking weekend me and my girlfriend had!! To skip all the boring details, it was nice to get out and fly, just me and her yesterday :) She now has 10 flights on her Heron and is getting closer and closer to being able to solo! :big-grin:

20170312_115221.jpg

I've got 3 flights on the FunCub XL now. What a blast this airplane is:cool:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yes with a ZDZ180 :eek::eek::oblong::laughing:

What a freeking weekend me and my girlfriend had!! To skip all the boring details, it was nice to get out and fly, just me and her yesterday :) She now has 10 flights on her Heron and is getting closer and closer to being able to solo! :big-grin:

View attachment 94276

I've got 3 flights on the FunCub XL now. What a blast this airplane is:cool:
3dub redhead.
praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

Xtreme_Power_RCS

Staff member
Well, headed out to one of 2 plaCw's to fly this weekend, SACC in Mattson or down in Champaign at Champaign county RC club. If anyone is interested in the area and want to hang out and fly, let me know. Would love to fly with a lot of you guys