• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I am well versed in "very busy", but this coming Thursday is my project deadline. No flying for me this weekend, but with any luck my boss will give me next Friday off so I can have a four day weekend to go flying and recover from the last month.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Yup yup, it was windy windy windy today!! Slick took it like a champ, though the gusts on the deck made it interesting :oblong:

13529024_10210652699380583_8642885518844108924_n.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It was pretty miserable here today. Hot and humid with very little breeze and a ridiculous number of flying critters. I thought I was going to melt at the field (yes I'm a sissy). Out of 110 members there was a total of 5 people there, and my flying buddy Tony and I were the only two that flew.

Yakman

70cc twin V2
It got a bit warm and light to not a breeze at times. About a dozen pilots made it out to fly, i got a good flight on my Yak. A few weeks ago we had an event and a guy won a 40 size trainer plane and radio. So im back to flying a glow trainer with buddy box to help him. A part of spreading fun to somebody else.

thurmma

150cc
20160626_195013.jpg
Another beautiful night tonight :) Got 3 more flights on the Extra.

My 180 does not like a Mezjlik 29x12 standard 3 blade prop. The rpm was good on the ground but, in the air I was about 400 rpm less than the 29x12EVO 3 blade. Temps were up so I richened the high end thinking it wasn't getting enough fuel due to the lighter loading prop and the temps came down some but, no increase in rpm. I left the needles the way they were and put the EVO on and the temps dropped back to the normal range and I picked up the 400 rpm I had lost and added about 100 rpm. Turning 7100 in the air.

The only thing I can figure is that the prop doesn't load the engine enough and it doesn't like it.