• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

yakken

100cc
Got my yak in the wheat.lol
b63fb7c5339eae4e88c8bd062f033f90.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I spent several hours at the field this morning. It was warm and humid, but not too bad. I flew my 30% Pilot Edge. I think I'm finally making some progress with my rolling harriers. I still have a long way to go to feel like I'm any good at them, but progress is good!

My flying buddy Tony offered me the use of his Composite ARF 3 Meter Sukhoi SU31 with a DA200 for our clubs Big Bird event next month. I think the heat and sun must have cooked his brain.:confused: He has to work that day, so he wants me to take it.

It is tempting, but if I hurt it I think I'd want to commit Hari-Kari.

View attachment 83491 View attachment 83492
Gimme the sticks, I'll fly it!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Gimme the sticks, I'll fly it!
Somebody needs to it, hasn't flown in over a year.

That airplane is responsible for getting me back into flying after about a 10 year break. He had me do some touch-up work on it over the 4th of July weekend in 2011. After working on it and looking at it for that weekend I was hooked again. I swear it's like crack.

A few weeks after that he had me flying his Hangar 9 85cc Sukhoi and then gave me a turn with the big one. I think he missed his calling as a drug dealer. Give them a free taste to get them hooked.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Doug,

That big Comp ARF Sukhoi is AWESOME. . . . . . . :yesss:, but I can certainly understand your reluctance to fly it. That plane is so high above my skill level that I get altitude sickness just thinking about it. . . . . . :laughing:. It's a shame your friend doesn't get a chance to fly it much. A plane like that NEEDS to be flown.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Doug,

That big Comp ARF Sukhoi is AWESOME. . . . . . . :yesss:, but I can certainly understand your reluctance to fly it. That plane is so high above my skill level that I get altitude sickness just thinking about it. . . . . . :laughing:. It's a shame your friend doesn't get a chance to fly it much. A plane like that NEEDS to be flown.
He and I have been flying each other airplanes since we started flying in 85. As a matter of fact he taught my how to fly after he had only been flying two weeks. The old guys in the club really like that one. We were the cause of several new rules in that club. :big-grin:

There has been many times over the years when we only had one airplane to fly between the two of us and spent the whole day at the field taking turns with one airplane. Now days we fly together every Sunday when the weather permits. His wife has even started calling me his "Sunday Wife" :lol2:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
He and I have been flying each other airplanes since we started flying in 85. As a matter of fact he taught my how to fly after he had only been flying two weeks. The old guys in the club really like that one. We were the cause of several new rules in that club. :big-grin:

There has been many times over the years when we only had one airplane to fly between the two of us and spent the whole day at the field taking turns with one airplane. Now days we fly together every Sunday when the weather permits. His wife has even started calling me his "Sunday Wife" :lol2:
Ya know? I take a personal liking to being the one the facilitated changes and the implementation of new rules. Makes me feel so proud and honored to know I'm that special they'd change things just cuz of lil ole me.:devil-dance:
Speaking of Sunday wives...I gots me a couple of them. Taylor (Baby) and Madeleine (Big Orange Bird):banana-dance:

Behemoth Bertha ain't no Sunday wife though. She's just my intimation plane when I wanna make everyone else at the field feel small. No matter what or how big their plane.:laughing:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I take a personal liking to being the one the facilitated changes and the implementation of new rules. Makes me feel so proud and honored to know I'm that special they'd change things just cuz of lil ole me.:devil-dance:

The first rule was all new trainee pilots had to be taught by a club instructor. They also tried to come up with something to keep pilots from flying to "advanced" an aircraft before "They" thought you were ready, because I went from a trainer to a ballistic style pattern ship called a Speeda, but that one didn't get any traction. The second rule was two people couldn't team up on a project for the clubs Builders Contest. We asked the CD before we did it and it was perfectly fine, but after we won with a really cool Super Aeromaster it was outlawed. The third one was that we got banned from the Builders Contest for being "Professionals".

Thankfully the club we're at now has way more old guys that are cool than FOGs. We're getting to where we're the "old guys" now.:LOL_gif:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The first rule was all new trainee pilots had to be taught by a club instructor. They also tried to come up with something to keep pilots from flying to "advanced" an aircraft before "They" thought you were ready, because I went from a trainer to a ballistic style pattern ship called a Speeda, but that one didn't get any traction. The second rule was two people couldn't team up on a project for the clubs Builders Contest. We asked the CD before we did it and it was perfectly fine, but after we won with a really cool Super Aeromaster it was outlawed. The third one was that we got banned from the Builders Contest for being "Professionals".

Thankfully the club we're at now has way more old guys that are cool than FOGs. We're getting to where we're the "old guys" now.:LOL_gif:
Isn't it funny that if what you're doing doesn't suit some, you're a bad guy?! Lol