• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
4 flights on the Slick today. The DA70 still making more and more power every flight!!!!

13103498_10210201137891828_6895052132642769968_n.jpg

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
It has a JC60 in it for power and HV savox servos all around with the recommended arms. Can't remember which ones at the moment. Also 2 3000mah lipos with a wolverine duel switch and tech-aero bec.
Nice setup. That 60 should tote the mail. I run a DLE 55, Savox servos, 2 2500 mah LiFes, tech-aero, etc., in my EF Extra 300. She is a doll baby too. That plane has always gotten some great comments and the DLE 55 is a solid runner and never fails to crank seemlessly.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Sporadic wind, grey cloudy sky, sometimes foggy, very high humidity, warm not hot, A/C cruising, Me chillin, Dog chillin, Planes chillin, all is right that can be right, thinking about a burger, thinking about the sticker for the plane, just thinking, thinking the dog needs attention, Thinking I cant wait to get out and FLY! :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sporadic wind, grey cloudy sky, sometimes foggy, very high humidity, warm not hot, A/C cruising, Me chillin, Dog chillin, Planes chillin, all is right that can be right, thinking about a burger, thinking about the sticker for the plane, just thinking, thinking the dog needs attention, Thinking I cant wait to get out and FLY! :)
It's official everyone. Kelly has lost his marbles. Someone get him out so he can fly and be normal again.:spongebob:

thurmma

150cc
I got the Edge out today seeing as how the 330LX had the gear ripped out due to a dead stick from a broken hub bolt :( Figured I better get some time back in on the Edge before the contest this coming weekend :) The DLE 170 doesn't make near the power of the engine that was in the Extra but, it will do. It turns a Falcon 30x13W at 5750 on the ground and unloads to 6400+ in the air. The only issue I have is the negative snap on a 45 upline from inverted. It totally kills any momentum the plane had and is hard to recover from for the next maneuver. Oh well, have to do what you have to do.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
It's official everyone. Kelly has lost his marbles. Someone get him out so he can fly and be normal again.:spongebob:
Normal? Kelly, normal ? ? ? ? I thought you knew him better than that, Rob. . . . . . . :laughing: NAHHHH, I shouldn't talk about my Buddy like that. He's one of the good guys. . . . . :yesss: I just think the lack of flying has fried his brain.

GHEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEE!!! Can't a guy even THINK around here!? Been kinda QUIET ya know!:laughing:. And yes..... I got that burger and pet the dog:attaboy:.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I got the Edge out today seeing as how the 330LX had the gear ripped out due to a dead stick from a broken hub bolt :( Figured I better get some time back in on the Edge before the contest this coming weekend :) The DLE 170 doesn't make near the power of the engine that was in the Extra but, it will do. It turns a Falcon 30x13W at 5750 on the ground and unloads to 6400+ in the air. The only issue I have is the negative snap on a 45 upline from inverted. It totally kills any momentum the plane had and is hard to recover from for the next maneuver. Oh well, have to do what you have to do.
Might try less elevator on your snaps.