• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Got out with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969 today, That chicken balls dummy started yelling that he wanted photos of the plane me and grass together, some dumb idea he got from @Terryscustom I think, but any way he didnt get the shot and I went up and had one of the few good pop tops i have been able to grab on this plane on the Rt side of the box crossed to the left to try again and pop top looked more like cold out of water fish flop! lol come down to knife edge and the plane sunk like a rock and I noticed no rudder control 2nd Pic is findings on the ground boy did i get lucky.
A friend of mine was flying his Carf 3 meter SU-31 with a DA200 one day and handed me the transmitter and asked me to show him how I do a Pop Top. I flew around a bit, pulled up and did a real nice one. He says "do that again", so I pulled up to do another and it just flops around. The next one was the same. I few around a little more and did a right rudder knife edge pass over the field and pulled up and gave him the radio back. He landed, and when he tried to taxi back it wouldn't turn left. We he got it back the left rudder cable was trailing behind it. Thankfully nothing really bad happened while I was flying since that this is waaaay out of my price range.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A friend of mine was flying his Carf 3 meter SU-31 with a DA200 one day and handed me the transmitter and asked me to show him how I do a Pop Top. I flew around a bit, pulled up and did a real nice one. He says "do that again", so I pulled up to do another and it just flops around. The next one was the same. I few around a little more and did a right rudder knife edge pass over the field and pulled up and gave him the radio back. He landed, and when he tried to taxi back it wouldn't turn left. We he got it back the left rudder cable was trailing behind it. Thankfully nothing really bad happened while I was flying since that this is waaaay out of my price range.
I'm thinking it was a good thing you chose to do a "right" rudder knife edge. Otherwise, it wouldn't have really mattered much if it was in your price range or not.
Glad it survived. :way_to_go:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm thinking it was a good thing you chose to do a "right" rudder knife edge. Otherwise, it wouldn't have really mattered much if it was in your price range or not.
Glad it survived. :way_to_go:
No doubt!

I look at it this way, he should have known better. A few week before that happened he handed me the transmitter when he was flying his smaller 33% SU26 and I did a pretty fast violent Pop Top and it quit. So there I am flying someone else's airplane and it's not very high, the engines dead, and it's pointed nose straight down, and I've never landed it before. Well it all turned out good, but like I said he should have known better than to hand me the transmitter again.;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
When you are pushing equipment to the limit, you are going to have an issue now and then! We've all been there, no need to be embarrassed! I smashed up a plane a few weeks ago doing a high G move, pulled the clunk line off in the tank. Not a big deal unless you are at 20' with zero airspeed! Got to do the walk while the peanut gallery shared their "see, told you it was dangerous" and "that's what he gets, that's not scale"! Coming from the guy who crashed his Cub into the pit fence 3 times in 10 minutes trying to take off. Shortly after my mishap, he tried hand-launching it and pile-drove it into the ground at full throttle. Wish I had their skill and expertise! :laughing:
Hey....that sounds like some of the people I know. Hee hee.....

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Got out with @ChickenBalls and @mulehead1969 today, That chicken balls dummy started yelling that he wanted photos of the plane me and grass together, some dumb idea he got from @Terryscustom I think, but any way he didnt get the shot and I went up and had one of the few good pop tops i have been able to grab on this plane on the Rt side of the box crossed to the left to try again and pop top looked more like cold out of water fish flop! lol come down to knife edge and the plane sunk like a rock and I noticed no rudder control 2nd Pic is findings on the ground boy did i get lucky.
Dats RIGHT blame it on Terry, whats missing from this pic? THe pic taking guy needs a brain. I think my photography skills and my flying skills match THEY SUK!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Change of plans...instead of an Extra x (2) and bad ass Edge day...it's gonna be a 3W x (2) and bad ass Edge day.

gone flyin.jpg