• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
And my Dog! Lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449989604.392089.jpg

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
According to the AMA if you use a tx you have to register... including fixed wing. AMA tried to get members excluded but failed.

I will register. Not worth getting all bent out of shape about it. Here is my question though. What purpose does the AMA serve? They raised our rates and failed miserably at lobbying the FAA on our behalf. If I can find a $250,000 liability insurance policy for less than the AMA dues, why not dump the AMA? They no longer serve a purpose.

Bipenut53

150cc
If you fly anything over a half of a pound you the pilot will have to register.... My question is who is going to enforce the rules?

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Right? We fly on a private field with a locked gate that requires an access code. Those folks that have public fields may get regular visits from the feds but I don't see local law enforcement having the bandwidth to mess with this. Unless you are a dipwad flying a drone over a public stadium.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I am the webmaster for our club. I am working to get all the details posted so the membership can go to the club's webpage to get to the FAA link.