• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
Sony A6000. It's a very light weight very capable mirrorless with somewhere like 128 points of auto focus and is super fast!

Nice!

I have been looking at the Nikon D750. I need it to record my work and produce high res photos for the net. Have you any experience?

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
No foamies were harmed during the making of this image. Well .... not badly. >20 amp hours of 3S electrons were released into the wild. I managed to make the Crack Pitts do a reasonable approximation of a properly steered rolling harrier for a whole battery (a first for me... I just learned in the sim a couple weeks ago) . Twas a good day. Hope everyone else's was great too!

View attachment 34997

Looks like a vision of fun and success!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Nice!

I have been looking at the Nikon D750. I need it to record my work and produce high res photos for the net. Have you any experience?

I use to own a HD Video Production Company and have filmed all over the world professionally. I am not a brand fan boy like most photog's out there... I use what works and works best for the application. I have never really been big into stills until now and so I can honestly say I am a complete noob with this new generation of mirrorless cameras. So after many months of research I went with Sony (Nikon and Cannon) and really if you get to the heart of the camera they all pretty much use Sony sensors. I will be pairing my Sony with many other brand lenses to find what works best for it. I have been tempted to pick up a used Nikon D series but for the reasons I mentioned before, weight, size, price and performance I keep coming back to the Sony Alpha series.

Watch a few these vids even if you not interested in the Sony Series. It's amazing information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iMgpSrHGy0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4GTBkCxjcI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSobrm9J0AM

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup outfitted with the right lens it would / will do awesome. I plan to bring it with me to all the events i attend going forward, well that is if my wife lets me. I may need to buy another! LOL

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
[MENTION=2]SnowDog[/MENTION] sent me a link to this video. Dang it's wicked cool. Could this be a game changer for our filming needs? Looks pretty dang cool and at a price of $499 plus shipping it seems like a great value! I have sent the company an email asking some questions and will report back what I hear.

[video=youtube;4vGcH0Bk3hg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vGcH0Bk3hg[/video]

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Mike it is really cool. There are open source projects that allow you to do basically the same thing with a GPS enabled smartphone as the paired device it follows. That can be set up on DIY quads. I have a friend that has been playing with it. I do just love the rtf in a box nature of it and think it will do very well in the consumer market.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
@SnowDog sent me a link to this video. Dang it's wicked cool. Could this be a game changer for our filming needs? Looks pretty dang cool and at a price of $499 plus shipping it seems like a great value! I have sent the company an email asking some questions and will report back what I hear.
[/QUOTE]

The price is right and the follow me feature is fantastic. I have the DJI Phantom 2+ that I use for business and it is a good quad but it doesn't have sound or follow me and it cost 3x more.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
The idea of putting the mic on the tracking device is pure genius. No rotor prop noise. I wonder if it is self aware... meaning can it see obstacles and avoid them?