• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

joshgluck

100cc
Good luck Dan. Do you have a backup radio or are you down until you get it fixed? Working in IT has ingrained in me the need for highly available stuff which to the despair of my wife means I have a dx8 and a 6i, more than one plane, etc. :)

Hope you're still flying!

On another note, made a little progress on the extra

uploadfromtaptalk1363722602046.jpg

Glued wing w welders and covered with duct tape. I have the bottom untouched as the joined section now has a soft spot that I need to fill before covering and I'm wondering the best thing to fill with. I'd love to use expanding foam, just don't know which and worried it will over expand and cause more damage than good. Any ideas?

Also may have to recover as I read after that you should spray, 3m 77 adhesive on before taping since duct doesn't always stick to epp well. I'll check adherence and do that on the other side..

Last edited by a moderator:

joshgluck

100cc
Houston we have a problem..... Apparently welders is reacting w something inside the inner wing which is different material from the outer epp wrap and that's why I have a cavity around the carbon shaft and area I glued....what's a good injectable filling foam? Help ;)

zmonster97

Houston we have a problem..... Apparently welders is reacting w something inside the inner wing which is different material from the outer epp wrap and that's why I have a cavity around the carbon shaft and area I glued....what's a good injectable filling foam? Help ;)

Gorilla glue. But I'm not sure if it is safe with all foams.

ryan_m

100cc

I think it was mentioned somewhere once that those planes have a depron core, and that's probably what is being eaten away.

wedoitall

I think its the same as a wattaplane, with a eps core in the wings. welders, shoe goo, and regular ca can seep down and melt the foam.

Santi8

70cc twin V2

This is why I use gorilla glue on these bad boys.. it will expand and fill that gap where your foam melted away...