• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wedoitall

I'm on right now

just saw your post, i was already on single player, didnt mean to be on it as long as i was. i already like it alot better than phoenix and i was using the interlink. im guessing theres no expo on that interlink LOL.... could do rollers with it tho.

what planes are you guys using? tominators? need to do all that to, but i really need to get back to my build.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I am only using the interlink... EVER... and yes there is expo but it is built into the model, not the tx.

njswede

150cc
just saw your post, i was already on single player, didnt mean to be on it as long as i was. i already like it alot better than phoenix and i was using the interlink. im guessing theres no expo on that interlink LOL.... could do rollers with it tho.

what planes are you guys using? tominators? need to do all that to, but i really need to get back to my build.

You missed my futile attempts at rollers. :)

It actually worked much better when I picked a different plane. 15000 more attempts and I'll get it!

wedoitall

youll get it. i kinda liked the interlink just the lil bit i played with it. so im guessing i can set different throws for controls through the plane menu..... just the lil i played with it low rate aileron was too slow and i had to use a big throttle pump to compensate for low rudder and elevator. but i already like it much better than phoenix

on another note, im really dig'n the quality of EF planes, i should have already had one before getting the MXS

3dNater

youll get it. i kinda liked the interlink just the lil bit i played with it. so im guessing i can set different throws for controls through the plane menu..... just the lil i played with it low rate aileron was too slow and i had to use a big throttle pump to compensate for low rudder and elevator. but i already like it much better than phoenix

on another note, im really dig'n the quality of EF planes, i should have already had one before getting the MXS

Rollers should be done on high rates IMO. Also, every plane can be customized to your liking... just like you thought ;) expo and throws can be tweaked as well as many other things.

wedoitall

i like about a medium rate on aileron and full on rudder and elevator.... should i be on high rates for ailerons also? i usually practice rifle rollers on high aileron rates?

think im gonna try it out again while im waiting for ca and epoxy to dry

3dNater

i like about a medium rate on aileron and full on rudder and elevator.... should i be on high rates for ailerons also? i usually practice rifle rollers on high aileron rates?

think im gonna try it out again while im waiting for ca and epoxy to dry

Funny... I see people dropping to a lower rate for rifle rollers... set aileron rates to something you can manage and like. Elevator and rudder should have 45 deg throws (minimum). Doesn't mean you have to use all the throw all the time. You just want it available.

joshgluck

100cc
So here is what happened :

It all started with the club auction that's where I picked up the used 330. turns out that the previous owner I think assembled it with CA and crashed which is where you see the stress cracks. I mean I know he crashed the CA is what I'm guessing because the foam was a little yellowish.

The maiden last week went without issue. I thought everything was fine. I change the prop cause I was running the wrong one, I was running a 12 6. I put on a 13 8 as the hobby shop didn't have a 14 7, figured it was safe.

All seemed well took off no issues pulled into it up wind 45 did an Immelman came back turn around drop down 15 feet of the deck when to full throttle and poof, she explode mid air. Airframe won't be going back together due to the ca damage and I'm figuring that is why the ailerons completely separated as the hinges were glued in w ca.

Then next victim, pa bad boy. I'll edit later with the full story on that one. She is alive but spent less time flying than I would have liked today and more time building at the field.

Figured I'd stop the mourning and build her stronger :

uploadfromtaptalk1363703348749.jpg

Welders and two carbon fiber arrow tunes.

I think I'll cover in duct tape too. She'll be so heavy I'll need a 4315-480kv and 3000ft for takeoff but she will fly again dammit ;-)