• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

wedoitall

Funny... I see people dropping to a lower rate for rifle rollers... set aileron rates to something you can manage and like. Elevator and rudder should have 45 deg throws (minimum). Doesn't mean you have to use all the throw all the time. You just want it available.

oh, they still suck and arent the prettiest.(BUT I WILL GET THEM NAILED) especially when i go about into the 270 degree part of a circle. i found out the angle of the plane and the cicrle effects me some. dont know if i like the expo in RF yet... i didnt like using Phoenixs rates and expo so i may end up trying it out on my dx8

Figured I'd stop the mourning and build her stronger :

View attachment 6735

Welders and two carbon fiber arrow tunes.

I think I'll cover in duct tape too. She'll be so heavy I'll need a 4315-480kv and 3000ft for takeoff but she will fly again dammit ;-)

ha! yea 4315-480 thats funny. good job on the repairs. what i love about epp, welders and ca will fix about anything with it.
you have some way of weighing her when shes done with the repairs? if you know weight and have a watt meter you can get a good estimate if your current motor will fly 3d good. i had to do the same on my wattaplane after i crashed it and added some mods. with a 13x6.5 i was close to 150 watts/lb recommended for 3d flight. but with a 14x7 i was more than good on the 150watts/lb

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Well guys, here's my 8FG! Very, very bad issue with it. Something with static electricity... Futaba Support has been notified of my issues, I hope I can get this fixed ASAP!

[video=youtube;6mVUBYRj1zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mVUBYRj1zs[/video]

:(

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Well guys, here's my 8FG! Very, very bad issue with it. Something with static electricity... Futaba Support has been notified of my issues, I hope I can get this fixed ASAP!

[video=youtube;6mVUBYRj1zs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mVUBYRj1zs[/video]

Dan

I found this post on Heli freak about it "
anyway, going back to what I said. I know two radios that did it. the common symptom for us, was that the radio was powered and sitting sitting on a plastic picnic table on a windy day. when I picked it up. it shut it-self off. actually did it tiwce in a row. at first I thought it was a bad switch, but I've decided its ESD.

basically, my best guess is ESD latched the turn off logic. soooo, it was sitting on the table and I picked it up and the instant I touched the metal part of the radio, it gets zapped with ESD. then...good night. if true then, as long as I maintain physical contact with the radio during flight and preflight, my models will be fine..."

-DJO

70cc twin V2
I found this post on Heli freak about it "
anyway, going back to what I said. I know two radios that did it. the common symptom for us, was that the radio was powered and sitting sitting on a plastic picnic table on a windy day. when I picked it up. it shut it-self off. actually did it tiwce in a row. at first I thought it was a bad switch, but I've decided its ESD.

basically, my best guess is ESD latched the turn off logic. soooo, it was sitting on the table and I picked it up and the instant I touched the metal part of the radio, it gets zapped with ESD. then...good night. if true then, as long as I maintain physical contact with the radio during flight and preflight, my models will be fine..."

Yeah but this has happened when I'm holding it as well, this was just to demonstrate the issue. If you want me to stand up and touch it and have it turned off I could easily get that to happen as well.

And the first time I touched the sides of the radio, not the metal part on top.

Dan

hone

150cc
Yeah but this has happened when I'm holding it as well, this was just to demonstrate the issue. If you want me to stand up and touch it and have it turned off I could easily get that to happen as well.

And the first time I touched the sides of the radio, not the metal part on top.

Dan
Well that sucks. Looks like you'll need to send it in. I just figured since in your video it was on a table similar to that guys that it might be your issue. Good luck getting it sorted out, let us know what they say. I've always had good luck with Hitec customer service and wondered how good Futaba's customer service is.

-DJO

70cc twin V2
Well that sucks. Looks like you'll need to send it in. I just figured since in your video it was on a table similar to that guys that it might be your issue. Good luck getting it sorted out, let us know what they say. I've always had good luck with Hitec customer service and wondered how good Futaba's customer service is.

They should replace it.... I hope! Unless they can somehow get rid of the issue.

:)

Dan

dskuro95

100cc
Futaba's service is just as good as Hitec's. At least form past experiences. I had a link button break on a receiver (the weird 7 channel ones) and they just sent me a new receiver and ask if I would like the old one fixed for $15 dollars! So I got 2 7 channel ones for $15!

They should replace it.... I hope! Unless they can somehow get rid of the issue.

:)

Dan