• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
I kinda like the ring of Extreme Aerobatics.... however that doesn't do much for the name of this site! :(

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I kinda like the ring of Extreme Aerobatics.... however that doesn't do much for the name of this site! :(

I was just going to add that we are NOT trying to rename or relabel this great site Gary. This is just the natural evolution of the terrific conversations, blogs, tutorials and more that have been generated because of this site! There wouldn't be Extreme Aerobatics without 3D and there wouldn't be 3DRCF without 3D. If 3DRCF had a daughter who "married" Extreme Aerobatics she'd still be a 3DRCF right? Not my best analogy but you get the gist.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I was just going to add that we are NOT trying to rename or relabel this great site Gary. This is just the natural evolution of the terrific conversations, blogs, tutorials and more that have been generated because of this site! There wouldn't be Extreme Aerobatics without 3D and there wouldn't be 3DRCF without 3D. If 3DRCF had a daughter who "married" Extreme Aerobatics she'd still be a 3DRCF right? Not my best analogy but you get the gist.

I know! I was just adding some jest into the conversation. I honestly hope to have some time this next year to devote to adding more deliberate actions (read: precision) into my flying. Just look at one of my favorite pilots fly, and you can see the effect that all his pattern competitions have played into his flying style and skill:

[video=youtube;z7iXopZOpuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iXopZOpuw[/video]

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
"X" actly! I think XA or extreme aerobatics is easier for the "non 3D" crowd to envision. You know how some folks say "3D" like they should whisper it or wash their mouths out after saying it? Extreme Aerobatics or XA or EA describes the whole story not just that "crazy 3D stuff". "Well, if its aerobatics it must be ok, I do aerobatics with my sport plane or warbird"! Lol

Could not have said it better myself :grrreat:.

aronph

70cc twin V2
The wheel is still a wheel. We just aren't riding on wooden wagon spokes anymore. We got lopro 18" Z rated Viper tires :D

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I know! I was just adding some jest into the conversation. I honestly hope to have some time this next year to devote to adding more deliberate actions (read: precision) into my flying. Just look at one of my favorite pilots fly, and you can see the effect that all his pattern competitions have played into his flying style and skill:

[video=youtube;z7iXopZOpuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7iXopZOpuw[/video]

As they say on storage wars- "Yuuuuuup"!

zmonster97

Here are some pictures of my 72" extra from yesterday!

72 extra 1.jpg72 extra 2.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 1.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 2.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 3.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 4.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 5.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 6.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 7.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 8.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 9.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 10.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 11.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 12.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 13.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 14.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 15.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 16.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 17.jpg72 extra 11-17-13 18.jpg