• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I just thought I'd share my experience with CableOrganizer.com today. Here is the conversation from the live chat.

[Nathan] will it really cost $9.79 to ship this?
[Edgar] Thank you for contacting CableOrganizer.com! My name is Edgar, what product are you trying to purchase?
[Nathan] I am looking at 20 ft of 1/4" PET Sleeving
[Nathan] The shipping estimate seems really high to me... more than the product costs
[Edgar] what is your zip code Nathan?
[Nathan] 84780
[Edgar] I would suggest going with USPS, UPS is a bit higher and since we ship out of the State of Florida it will be a longer transit time
[Edgar] First Class Mail (USPS) $3.77
Priority Mail (USPS) $6.51
Standard Post $6.85
[Nathan] Ok, for some reason the shipping estimate in the checkout area estimates $9.79 for standard post.
[Edgar] Would you like for me to place the order for you?
[Nathan] sure, that would be great!
[Edgar] do you need the PET black or in color?
[Nathan] I was going to go with the green, but come to think of it... I may like some in blue as well.
[Nathan] How about 20 ft of each?
[Edgar] 20FT of Green and 20FT of Blue correct?
[Nathan] correct
[Edgar] that will be a total of $16.00
[Edgar] plus $6.51 for USPS
[Edgar] total will be $22.51
[Nathan] sounds good.
[Nathan] can I pay through paypal?
[Edgar] may I have your last name please
[Edgar] I cannot take Paypal over the phone
[Edgar] would you me to give you a call for credit card info?
[Nathan] ya that would be best.
[Nathan] (435) xxx-xxxx.

He called me a moment later and we completed the deal. I thought it was pretty great service. I like when the live chat actually works and gets you a good result.

njswede

150cc
I just made a small donation toward disaster relief in the Philippines in the wake of super-typhoon Haiyan. Let's all chip in!

dth7

Another supplier shout out. I bought a Graphtech CF landing gear for my 78 extra. I had a "not so hard" landing on the second flight with it (witnessed by a friend) that caused a delamination on one side. I wrote an email and included a note from my friend. They are replacing the gear! I thought it was nice customer service. May have been an air bubble in the lay up? The gear is very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

Hey all, while having a great session at our DRAGWAY field today it was suggested we start using a new term. We are really talking up precision flying and IMAC in the IMaC instructional thread Snowdog started last week. The discussions have been wonderful and they all have to do with precision flying being a terrific foundation for more advanced flying. In think we've started using 3D to describe something beyond "3D" or post stall flight.
What we are talking about now is the choreographed combining of ALL disciplines; precision/ IMAC and 3D- post stall as well as high energy maneuvers. Really what we are talking about is "Extreme flying". Flying the entire envelope of the airframe and beyond.
I for one will be referring to my goal as "Extreme flying" vs 3D since it is so much more. The new "freestyle" competition should reflect this since by its nature freestyle is the use of the entire flight envelope in a crowd pleasing manner (paraphrased).
Just sayin!

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Hey all, while having a great session at our DRAGWAY field today it was suggested we start using a new term. We are really talking up precision flying and IMAC in the IMaC instructional thread Snowdog started last week. The discussions have been wonderful and they all have to do with precision flying being a terrific foundation for more advanced flying. In think we've started using 3D to describe something beyond "3D" or post stall flight.
What we are talking about now is the choreographed combining of ALL disciplines; precision/ IMAC and 3D- post stall as well as high energy maneuvers. Really what we are talking about is "Extreme flying". Flying the entire envelope of the airframe and beyond.
I for one will be referring to my goal as "Extreme flying" vs 3D since it is so much more. The new "freestyle" competition should reflect this since by its nature freestyle is the use of the entire flight envelope in a crowd pleasing manner (paraphrased).
Just sayin!
That is the type of flying I enjoy. I like taking off and doing a slow roll the length of the runway. Then do a half loop right into a KE spin. The exit into a rolling harrier, followed by a 4-piont roll. then I like to go straight up and put the plane into a KE dethslide until I am about 10-20 feet off the ground and give the plane more power to go into a KE ect. It makes a flight routine that looks good, and other people know you have complete control of your plane.

Jwmav528

70cc twin V2
That is the type of flying I enjoy. I like taking off and doing a slow roll the length of the runway. Then do a half loop right into a KE spin. The exit into a rolling harrier, followed by a 4-piont roll. then I like to go straight up and put the plane into a KE dethslide until I am about 10-20 feet off the ground and give the plane more power to go into a KE ect. It makes a flight routine that looks good, and other people know you have complete control of your plane.

Amen!