• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

hone

150cc
I finally got an electric pump for my gas can. Soooooo much better than the hand pump lol. Looks great too. I got to use it today and I must say I'll never go back.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384728674350.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384728674350.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 185
  • uploadfromtaptalk1384728713701.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384728713701.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 181

3dbandit

100cc
Hey all, while having a great session at our DRAGWAY field today it was suggested we start using a new term. We are really talking up precision flying and IMAC in the IMaC instructional thread Snowdog started last week. The discussions have been wonderful and they all have to do with precision flying being a terrific foundation for more advanced flying. In think we've started using 3D to describe something beyond "3D" or post stall flight.
What we are talking about now is the choreographed combining of ALL disciplines; precision/ IMAC and 3D- post stall as well as high energy maneuvers. Really what we are talking about is "Extreme flying". Flying the entire envelope of the airframe and beyond.
I for one will be referring to my goal as "Extreme flying" vs 3D since it is so much more. The new "freestyle" competition should reflect this since by its nature freestyle is the use of the entire flight envelope in a crowd pleasing manner (paraphrased).
Just sayin!

When I was at EWEEK, I heard some of the team extreme flight guys referring to the new flying style as "Extreme Aerobatics" or "XA".

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
When I was at EWEEK, I heard some of the team extreme flight guys referring to the new flying style as "Extreme Aerobatics" or "XA".

I do not think this is really a new type of flying. It is what I have been doing from the start and I learned it from the guy who taught me how to fly back in 2006. Mixing precision with 3D has been done for a long time. However I would have to say Extreme Aerobatics is a lot better of a term for what we do.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I was even told by a few of the older pilots who use to fly vary good that the poptop is an old move that use to be called a pizza top. They have told me we have just re-invented a lot of the older moves, and exaggerated them bit due to better airframes.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I do not think this is really a new type of flying. It is what I have been doing from the start and I learned it from the guy who taught me how to fly back in 2006. Mixing precision with 3D has been done for a long time. However I would have to say Extreme Aerobatics is a lot better of a term for what we do.

Yes, better said. It's not new flying per se but combining it and giving it a more accurate title. EA!

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Yes, better said. It's not new flying per se but combining it and giving it a more accurate title. EA!

Yep, I actually love the tern XA "extreme aerobatics" and I hope it sticks. After all look at what was the original 3D planes such as the GP U can do 3D. it was built to Harrier and hover. And that was all 3D was at the time. And if you wanted to fly precision you had to get a purpose build plane that was designed for precision. Now companies like 3dhs and EF have designed planes that are capable of any precision move you want to do, and any 3D move in the same flight.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yep, I actually love the tern XA "extreme aerobatics" and I hope it sticks. After all look at what was the original 3D planes such as the GP U can do 3D. it was built to Harrier and hover. And that was all 3D was at the time. And if you wanted to fly precision you had to get a purpose build plane that was designed for precision. Now companies like 3dhs and EF have designed planes that are capable of any precision move you want to do, and any 3D move in the same flight.

"X" actly! I think XA or extreme aerobatics is easier for the "non 3D" crowd to envision. You know how some folks say "3D" like they should whisper it or wash their mouths out after saying it? Extreme Aerobatics or XA or EA describes the whole story not just that "crazy 3D stuff". "Well, if its aerobatics it must be ok, I do aerobatics with my sport plane or warbird"! Lol