• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I'll see him tonight at our meeting. You found an old one, I'll tell him you dug into the archives!lol You saw the recent Laser vid right? Really any of Cody's flights prove the point.
I think I saw the laser video, I will double check. However that one I linked is one of my favorite videos out there. And it is the video that sold me on the 3dhs 57 extra last year.

dskuro95

100cc
Some pics of my 72. If only Zach took as many as I did lol. Video hopefully soon to come. dan_72_extra_2[1].jpgdan_72_extra_3[1].jpgdan_72_extra_4[1].jpg

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
nice pics. I am thinking about picking up a videocamera at walmart that is on sale for $50. I have been wanting to get video of me flying so i can post it on youtube ect. It says it is 1080p, but what should i look for to see if it is any good? i have never bought a video camera before. I thought for $50 I may consider picking it up. i just want it to record my flights. Another benefit of it is I can see what I am doing wrong lol.

SnowDog

nice pics. I am thinking about picking up a videocamera at walmart that is on sale for $50. I have been wanting to get video of me flying so i can post it on youtube ect. It says it is 1080p, but what should i look for to see if it is any good? i have never bought a video camera before. I thought for $50 I may consider picking it up. i just want it to record my flights. Another benefit of it is I can see what I am doing wrong lol.

The challenge of filming your own flights is....well....filming your own flights! :)

I've got a camera but I don't have a way to mount it on anything like a hatcam. My video cam is decent but not very expensive...I'm guessing your $50 walmart special is not much different...the real key for me is the weight...you want the lightest camera you can find if you are going to mount it. If you are not going to mount it, I would prefer one that has a viewfinder as well as the LCD screen...in sunlight it is very hard to see the LCD screen and follow a plane in the air.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The challenge of filming your own flights is....well....filming your own flights! :)

I've got a camera but I don't have a way to mount it on anything like a hatcam. My video cam is decent but not very expensive...I'm guessing your $50 walmart special is not much different...the real key for me is the weight...you want the lightest camera you can find if you are going to mount it. If you are not going to mount it, I would prefer one that has a viewfinder as well as the LCD screen...in sunlight it is very hard to see the LCD screen and follow a plane in the air.

+1 hat cam-$99 at HK, very light good quality but no zoom! I agree on a viewfinder. In sun the LCD is useless. We were filming the other day and GH figured out that using the top of the swing out LCD as a cross hair worked best to track the target. For $50, not sure of the quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Thanks for the info guys. I am not sure if I am going to pick it up yet or not. Just thinking about it, however I do not want to wast $50 i could spend on more batteries lol. I will go back to walmart and write down the model number and look it up.

aronph

70cc twin V2
it doesnt really matter how good it is....i have a 10 yr old gigital camera thats CAPABLE of 30mins of vid with a 4gig card but its not a cam corder & it does fine...ill link a vid later

zmonster97

Here is the video from my flight on Sunday! Love this plane!

[video=youtube;ZV5VUTP2xwY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZV5VUTP2xwY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]