• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

Don't forget the midget dance floor!

We are gonna go thru Parts Express to get alot of stuff. My buddy gets a serious discount from there, thru where he works. :) Thats saves some $$$

yakken

100cc
Installed my wheels today. On a side note, reminder to check your wheel bearings. Mine were very loose.
uploadfromtaptalk1424634484260.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Blake, that trailer of yours in comfy enough I may move in and save some money on living expenses. LOL... Ya'll have some pretty nice trailers. I actually got started on mine yesterday. I started by framing up the upper storage area for radio gear and the lower area for gas cans, equipment and such.

20150224_184216.jpg 20150225_125023.jpg

I finished up the framing today and put the counter top in. I want to find a laminate to overlay it with.
20150225_170206.jpg 20150225_170213.jpg

I decided to partition things a little differently than I originally planned. Taking the Hempel Edge into consideration, I figured leaving an open bay in the nose of the trailer between the two gas container storage areas would allow me plenty of room to drive that monster nose first in and still leave room at the rear without risking the rudder. Tomorrow I will finish up the shelves in the lower cabinet area, install the header face up above for the stereo system an hopefully locate the type of doors I want for all the cabinets. This is going to be a summer long project, I can already feel it coming on. LOL

Bipeguy03

150cc
I like the rims!! Looks sweet!!!

Stang, nice cabinetry!! That's the part that I keep thinking about, I know what I want but I've never built cabinets before, I've built plenty of airplanes and benches to build said airplanes but never cabinets. lol ;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I finished the framing inside my trailer today. It is actually coming out pretty nice. I can now do all the painting inside the trailer, add a light under the overhead storage for the top of the work bench, and install my stereo in the overhead. I am on the hunt for cabinet doors now. Anyone know where a guy could pick up custom cupboard doors? I need to get this phase done so I can start on the second tier for hauling my lesser "BIG" guys.

20150226_173620.jpg 20150226_173625.jpg 20150226_173731.jpg

I was hopeful the way I layed this thing out, my 50% Edge would fit in with no problems. Mission accomplished. I have not yet decided if I am going to haul the Edge nose into the nose of the trailer, or if I am going to put the tail in first. Either way, I will still have plenty of room for my 42% Sukhoi and my 40% 260. Second tier will be for the PAU and my Pilot Edge. Mustn't forget room for my sons 43% Pau Edge and his Pilot Edge. Man, this thing is gonna be full. LOL

20150226_181819.jpg 20150226_181851.jpg 20150226_182037.jpg 20150226_182053.jpg

Last edited: