• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

Bipenut

70cc twin V2
I have a question for you guy's that already have trailers. I'm getting ready to buy a 6 X 12 V nose trailer and I'm currently looking at an Interstate or a R&R all aluminum frame. Has anybody had any experience with either of the manufactures? I'm really leaning towards the R&R for the weight savings and the fact that it will not rust but the down side is the price, little over $4200.00 out the door. Any input would be great.

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
In five years you won't remember the difference in price, but you will see the rust! You won't have problems structurally for a lot of years, but the rust will show up fairly quickly and you'll see it every time you hitch that rusty tongue to your vehicle. Out here, I wouldn't worry about which one, but in the rust belt I would go for aluminum.

Weight wise, I'm surprised at how little the difference really is. Unless you are towing at the limit of your vehicle, I wouldn't worry about that too much. Plus, you are hauling light airplanes, not cinder blocks!

yakken

100cc
This is what happens with rust.
uploadfromtaptalk1423593443294.jpg

Rooman

30cc
Cant beat alloy
I went with Legend v-nose deluxe 7x17
20 yr on frame
20 yr on floor
Warranty

Only alloy trailer better is the ALUMINA series of trailers........and they are niiiiiice

I have an old 6X12 Haulmark that I rebuilt. It came with torsion springs and electric brakes. Pulls like a dream. Here's a pic when I just started on the interior. It's pretty much done now, I'll try to remember to get some current pictures put up.
IMG_0457.JPG