• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Share your Trailer Ideas Here

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
Yep, they would waste a lot of time on that lock, but with a cut-off wheel they can just cut the handle or the rivet in 15 seconds and get right in. You are on the right track, it's all about making it inconvenient for them, but if they are determined they will get in. The weaker link is the hitch lock, if they can cut that off easily, they can tow it away and then take their time getting in.

Mine stay in the trailer year round I live in Southern Indiana and we see temps in the upper 90's quite often. I have a couple of vents and a DC fan on a thermostat that runs off the onboard battery. The battery stays hooked to the charge controller all the time. My trailer stays parked in the drive and plugged into ac when its home. I've not had trailer internal temps exceed 105 deg. yet. I have not noticed any damages to planes or equipment yet. However I do bring my transmitters into the house during extreem temps either hot or cold.

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
This is one of my deterrents.
photo.JPG

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Or.... make the professional thief even more interested in whats in there.
How about a sign that says. " mobile diaper service" , lol , thars a good deterent too.

Has anyone tried that pvc pipe like that before ? I have used it for couple years.

Yup. I have too. I'm debating on going that route in my new trailer. A good friend of mine turned me on to the PVC a few years ago. He used PVC couplings, just not regular PVC pipe.

I'm considering using a type of doughnut for wheel chalks, that I could drive an ATV or golf cart over, and not have to worry about the PVC breaking or bending wood screws.

SS05110_2_1000.jpg

This will keep it secure from being towed away! Between this and the high security padlocks, thieves will look for easier targets!

Actually there is no tongue lock that will keep a trailer from being towed away. A motivated thief will just back up wrap your saftey chains around his bumper tie them off with a bolt raise your jack and drive off. The best solution is a wheel lock or chain trailer to a post. Then they at least have to cut the chain first.