• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RedwingRC 50cc 330sc Build Log!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks!! The plane was and is awesome. Loved the flight characterize of it and it took very little rudder for a rock solid knife edge.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440550751.525187.jpg

More to report soon.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
What an excellent job you did on this one brother. Absolutely beautiful. Congratz on the event and everything you did Mike. Wished I could of been there man.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I also want to say THANKS to [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] for bringing me a killer spinner and Falcon 23x9 cf prop from his new company NorthWestRC.com!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
@Patto @bwerneth and @BBCorvette18 all gotta a pull on the Extra 330 at Monster Fest and it's still looking pretty as ever. Thanks guys for taking it easy on the beast while I'm still looking for screws, nuts and bolts to back out. So far the only things I've lost was one lower cowl screw and one cowl dowl. Both fixed in a matter minutes. :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Hey [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] are those wheel pants and gear cuffs plastic? If so are they pretty durable, or will they crack or break in taller grass fairly easily?
Do you think Hitec HS7954 servos would perform well with this bird Im actually thinking I would like to go with Savox on this one.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey bush... The pants are fiberglass and very durable. The cuffs are a very nice molded plastic that has the best fit I've seen yet. I'm running the savox 1268's all around at 7.4 but I am getting a lot of blow back at high speed (only on ailerons) which is my fault for putting the servo linkage at the farthest out in the arms. I will be pulling them in and expect much better performance!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I take that back I'm running a beefy savox rudder servo (580 oz I believe) that has no problems.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
One last note for you bush... I fly on a 600ft grass runway as well and I don't believe it was be an issue. I like to take off with wheels on the ground for quite a bit longer than most as well because I like the look of it screaming down the runway at full speed with wheels on the ground. :)