• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RedwingRC 50cc 330sc Build Log!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Awesome information bud thanks for that. I just need to figure out two things. Get the 50cc or get the 30cc plane and which motor to run on each a Hacker Q80 8M or maybe a Rimfire 50cc on the 50 and do A60 for the 30. Want to chime in with some thoughts on this one?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
In my opinion bigger is always better!!! But as far as electric goes I'm a gas man so I can't comment on the electric setup. I believe joe smith did all electric on his 50 so you may want to check that out or check with [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] for their recommendations!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] can you please tell me what motor esc combo Joe was flying in this 50cc plane.

BTW [MENTION=2643]3DMIKE[/MENTION] Ken is working on a 4000 watt motor that should end up about 28 oz for planes in the 11 to 13 lbs, 74" to 78" range. I think this would be a killer setup for the 30cc version of this plane. I think I may wait for that one. Should be done around Dec maybe. Still though it's like you said... Larger is better... or is that what she said. Doah!!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
You guys should take a look at a killer plane on page 73 of the new AMA Model Aviation mag! What a nice spread! Congrats [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION]!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
thanks! Looks good. that PTE is knocking it out of the park. Now if they can keep up with demand!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey @3DMIKE are those wheel pants and gear cuffs plastic? If so are they pretty durable, or will they crack or break in taller grass fairly easily?
Do you think Hitec HS7954 servos would perform well with this bird Im actually thinking I would like to go with Savox on this one.

Hey @Bushwacker i was at the bench admiring the new 330 and realized that the pants are plastic. I will be going back and coating the inside with epoxy to strengthen them up to endure many many flights! But for now they are solid and look awesome after last weekends flights.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Very cool dude. I wanted to be there so bad, just could not get away from work. I really wanted to see that bird up close and watch it fly. I bet it looks even better in person than it does from the web pics doesn't it.

Hey [MENTION=2470]RedwingRC[/MENTION] can you guys not tell me what Joe was using for hardware in that video you have?

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Bushwacker - I'm not sure offhand. He ran the DA70 in in at nall. I think brush-less MKS for servos.

Hey Mike, those plastic pants are SUPER resilient. Also we now have the flex agent right. you should be able to bend the pant in half and have the paint stay almost completely in tact!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
They seem super resilient! So Tim I shouldn't worry about reinforcing the pants?!?!? Alright man, I trust ya! :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well I was talking about the electric plane he was flying. Ah well I would bet money he was running a Hacker Q80 with a CC Edge HV 160.