• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

RedwingRC 50cc 330sc Build Log!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Did some cowl work! I think it looks bitchin! If the pics don't show I'll fix shortly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439676047.401374.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439676057.839280.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439676066.888386.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Cut the exhaust as well and setup the choke. This is such a beautiful cowl that I took my sweet time and I think it turned out good.

IMG_7713.JPG IMG_7710.JPG

Love the way this plane is turning out!

IMG_7712.JPG IMG_7711.JPG IMG_7709.JPG IMG_7706.JPG IMG_7702.JPG

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh yes it most Definitely looks Bitchin. Love the fade on the graphics, so sweet. I have always had a thing for the blue, white and black one. So you would give this a pretty high rating on build quality and Fit/Trim? Say from 0 to 10 Ten being the absolute best and zero just that a big fat zero. I have plans to build one with a Q80-8M and even considered a Q80-6L the latter probably being way to much. Anyway it will be cool to see it when you geter all done and in the air bra.

Bipenut53

150cc
Boy that looks good Mike!! Wish I could be there to watch it fly this coming weekend...... Wife's Birthday on the 21st, anniversary on the 22nd.......

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Bummer!!! Well I got quite a bit further today even with family here and spending half a day out at the field prepping for Monster Fest.

Installed the servo arms and control linkages. Also, hooked up the rudder pull pull system. All I have to do now is prop and spinner, clean up some of the wiring and possibly the smoke system.

I'm also building an Aerobeez 38" EPP Slick with lights for night flying. Nothing like trying to cram everything in with 5 days left for the big event!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Yep!!! Gonna get it all done! I will be putting the pants on this thing today and going over it tip to tail... [MENTION=335]SupaTim[/MENTION] will be bringing me a prop and spinner from his new store NorthWestRC.com on Friday for the maiden!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh yes it most Definitely looks Bitchin. Love the fade on the graphics, so sweet. I have always had a thing for the blue, white and black one. So you would give this a pretty high rating on build quality and Fit/Trim? Say from 0 to 10 Ten being the absolute best and zero just that a big fat zero. I have plans to build one with a Q80-8M and even considered a Q80-6L the latter probably being way to much. Anyway it will be cool to see it when you geter all done and in the air bra.

Hey @Bushwacker! The fit and quality have been superb! The only things I found was the recess for the cf wing tube holes in the (ailerons only) wing had to be sanded as well at the recess on the fuse for the aileron to slide in. Took about 2 mins with a dremel. I also find that the elevator servo installation was a little tough due to the location but that's the same on all 3d planes I've built and not specific to redwing. It was a fairly easy build but proof is always in how she holds up to abuse so time will tell.

The pros far outweigh any con that could be mentioned though. The control surfaces are freaking huge and using the hv savox servos make the plane dance like my dog waiting for his morning meal! I'm hoping to get smoke done before Monster Fest but it's not the priority. All of the graphics match very well and I would venture to say perfect!

Can't wait to get her up in the air!

Hey Mike, what did you do as far as the radio equipment install? It doesn't look like there is a tray for a receiver or a power box. I want both the Redwing Slick and Extra. I've noticed the slick doesn't have much space in the fuse area. I currently have Futaba 7c radio and I'm using a Redwing red powerbox in a 86" Extra 300. The powerbox is really nice since I've only got 7 channels to work with, but it does require a good bit of space and adds some extra weight.