• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC Extra 330SC 50-60CC

SnowDog

I was working on the hinging and control horns last night. Got the rudder and elevators gap sealed. sanded the control horns and they are ready to epoxy in...then on to the ailerons for similar treatment.

I'm thinking seriously of adding some white checkers to the bottom of the wing and elevator for better visibility/orientation.

SnowDog

Got most of the details done on the elevators....added some white stripes...just need to install the servo and the control rod.

20140715_230931.jpg 20140715_230945.jpg

Got the rudder installed...just need to hook up the pull pull cables...wow is that a big rudder!

20140716_000043.jpg

Got the wings hinged last night...gonna add some white stripes to the bottom the wings as well...
the hinges are good quality and a larger size.

20140715_231403.jpg 20140716_000019.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
I'm at the same spot. Everything hinged, rudder cables run with servo in. Power board mount made. Been lazy on pictures and been working overtime as usual. 75* and 2mph winds right now. I'm heading to the field to fly my RW Slick!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Awww yeah Jake, you're falling in love with that little 30cc size slick and it's portability aren't you? :)

And when you fly it it looks like a 150cc anyway, lol!

SnowDog

Spent a lot if time tonight for what seems like little gain but I know I'll appreciate when the plane is in the air with the sun behind it :)

Put some white stripes on the bottom of the wing.

uploadfromtaptalk1405573645655.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Awww yeah Jake, you're falling in love with that little 30cc size slick and it's portability aren't you? :)

And when you fly it it looks like a 150cc anyway, lol!

Just having a blast. I take me trailer with me every time I go to the field. And then I pull the smallest plane out. 20140716_194708_Richtone(HDR).jpg20140716_194716_Richtone(HDR).jpg