• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

I flew this today. It has a Syassa 30cc and 18X5.5 prop. After flying it, I'm thinking a 16X10 prop will really speed things up a bit. :tongue:

Attachments

• Ready to Fly.jpg
    Ready to Fly.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 262

gyro

GSN Contributor
I flew this today. It has a Syassa 30cc and 18X5.5 prop. After flying it, I'm thinking a 16X10 prop will really speed things up a bit. :tongue:

If the sysssa is anywhere close to the DLE in power, throw a 19x8 or 18x10 on there. !6x10 will not be enough load on the engine.

G

With the 18X5.5 I get 8150 RPM. This is an amazing American motor. I was just thinking how fast can I make this plane go?:popcorn: I'm going to talk to Sysaa this week and see what he recommends.

gyro

GSN Contributor
With the 18X5.5 I get 8150 RPM. This is an amazing American motor. I was just thinking how fast can I make this plane go?:popcorn: I'm going to talk to Sysaa this week and see what he recommends.

Cool, please let us know what you do. I've seen the Syssa in pics and it looks beautiful.

Hopefully you can try an 18x10, that'll really cook. My DLE 30 with a falcon carbon fiber 19x8 was taching 8000 on the ground today.

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Any flight pics? I'm with Gary on the 16x10. Seems way to small. Even my old G38 turns an 18x8 and they aren't anything like the new 30s. For speed, maybe like a 16x12, 17x10 or 17x12. Landing might be a little tricky on a calm day though!

SnowDog

Maiden complete! Holly bejesus this plane is FAST!!! 11.6 dry, probably 12lb with fuel, and likely hitting 90-100mph... Wow.

Now going to setup smoke.

pics! videos! maiden report please!!!

(it's snowing here today) :(

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Mike stop the vulgarity!

I too would like more info... did the smoke get worked out? Will we have to wait till next week to hear?

Drew

70cc twin V2
Smoke had issues, smoke muffler isn't giving constant smoke. I believe hes taking the smoke system out and going to try the plane again. Plane flew great, but flew nose heavy therefor limiting us to many maneuvers. When I flew it, it was very precise and felt awesome. The power with the DLE 30 and bowman ring is really great. I think once the extra weight of the smoke is out and the CG is better, this plane will rock !

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Sorry, had a busy day yesterday and didn't have much time to follow up.

Maiden flights and subsequent flights went well. The plane came out at least a pound heavier than others flying with a DLE30, and while the plane shrugged off the extra weight at speed (did I say how fast she is???), she was sluggish in slow 3D. The precision attributes of the MXSR are really remarkable, with beautiful easy to control rolls, and pop tops were also nice!

Additionally, the extra weight meant a faster landing speed, which made landing a little harder to do on our small grass runway. I'll admit to breaking the wheel pants on one fast landing... Wasn't at the top of my game on Sunday I suppose.

As Drew mentioned, the smoke was cool, but since it didn't pour out gobs of smoke, (little DLE30, go figure!) and the plane was heavy, I decided to pull the whole smoke system out and go fly again next week.

Finally, the plane has some warping/bowing of the control surfaces, and some large hinge gaps. After talking with Tim at Redwing yesterday, we agreed the best course of action is to seal the hinge lines, straighten the control surfaces (bend, heat covering, repeat), lighten the plane by removing smoke, then go back out and throw down!

More to follow after work is done :)