• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

Drew

70cc twin V2
Had to get more wire loom so I was able to finish out the tail servo leads. I like to protect these since they can easily rub and cut the wires from vibrations. This plastic loom weighs almost nothing on the scale. The snake skin wrap works great too.

SAM_0472.JPG

Set up the rudder pull pull cables.

SAM_0473.JPG

SAM_0474.JPG

Plently of throw....

SAM_0475.JPG

SAM_0477.JPG

The setup has perfect geometry, cables stay tight in all movements. :thumbup:

SAM_0478.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Wanted to point out a cool feature that this kit has. The canister tunnel has a removable lower plate that you can or don't have to use. Has covering openings in it you could cut out for air exit or a canister pipe exit. I was going to put the smoke pump in here till I figured out I needed weight up front. I just used some servo screws to install it, but you could easily use blind nuts and put batteries or something else in there you could remove quickly.

SAM_0467.JPG

SAM_0468.JPG

SAM_0470.JPG

Drew

70cc twin V2
Installed the power box on back of canister tunnel with the included screws and ran all the wiring. Looks messy right now till we get it all programed and setup with the radio, then it will be nice and neat.

SAM_0485.JPG

Board switch Installed

SAM_0488.JPG

Assembled plane to check CG and figure out where Lipos will go. The plane actually is just slightly nose heavy without lipos, so they will go right behind the wing tube.

SAM_0481.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

wow - there is a lot under the hood of that sweet looking bird!

Really like the spinner too!

Looking forward to a maiden report!!!

Drew

70cc twin V2
wow - there is a lot under the hood of that sweet looking bird!

Really like the spinner too!

Looking forward to a maiden report!!!

Yea, this one is jammed pack with stuff. Gary wanted it all in this one, should be a lot of fun and the power board is really cool with all its features. I would like to use this board in the next 35% I build.

gyro

GSN Contributor
It really looks great!

Yes it does, I can't wait to fly it!

As for the "stuff" crammed in, I think this is the perfect plane for smoke, since the nice wide battery tray accommodates both tanks, and the DLE 30 I have is a very well broken in and very powerful engine. Coupled with the new Falcon 19x8 on there, I'm confident it'll haul around the extra weight easily.
This plane should be perfect for drawing some nice smoke lines in the sky, and covering the deck with smoke in a nice hover.

Drew

70cc twin V2
I'm realy curious to see if you have to add weight to get the model to CG. Would like to hear how that works out.

Right now without lipo's installed, the CG is about 1" in front of the tube, which makes it slightly nose heavy. I'm confident once I add the lipo's right behind the tube, CG will be perfect. If not, then we can shift around the packs till we find the sweet spot.