• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 76" MXS-R

gyro

GSN Contributor
Right now without lipo's installed, the CG is about 1" in front of the tube, which makes it slightly nose heavy. I'm confident once I add the lipo's right behind the tube, CG will be perfect. If not, then we can shift around the packs till we find the sweet spot.

Drew, any chance you can get an fully built dry weight today?

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Guys - RE: the CG

This plane was based off their original design (the same one other cheaper companies still use). this is our OEM designs (as MOST of the planes on our site have been changed QUITE a bit from original and they keep OUR designs for us ONLY). The tube did not move when we made tail and wing changes so the CG is actually going to be about where you have it (slightly ahead of the tube). It should be at about 5" to 5 1/8" from the LE at ROOT.

We've found on the MXSR, if you put your battery and ignition on the engine box (and use a 3000 or 2 batteries) your CG should be PERFECT there.

It does flies like a Georgia peach in the summer if you know what I mean

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
No bad, and remember this is a 76" wingspan. Not a 74 like many other 30cc. It's got a very full fuse and between that and the wings make it very floaty. We would love to hear how you like it in flight and see any video photos you get. Thanks Gapple12

gyro

GSN Contributor
No bad, and remember this is a 76" wingspan. Not a 74 like many other 30cc. It's got a very full fuse and between that and the wings make it very floaty. We would love to hear how you like it in flight and see any video photos you get. Thanks Gapple12

Tim, this is our review airplane, Drew is just building it for us. that said, he'll definitely get a pull on the sticks, maybe even some smoke time :)

Drew

70cc twin V2
Plane is done. we are planning a maiden in the morning. Here are final pics.

Smoke muffler installed, smoke line connected.

SAM_0490.JPG

Choke setup.

SAM_0491.JPG

SAM_0509.JPG

If running a DLE 30, you will need to make a small cut for the front of the muffler to clear as well as a cut for the spark plug.

SAM_0510.JPG

SAM_0511.JPG

I made up a balsa battery tray for the lipos.

SAM_0493.JPG

All done......

SAM_0480.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
Maiden complete! Holly bejesus this plane is FAST!!! 11.6 dry, probably 12lb with fuel, and likely hitting 90-100mph... Wow.

Now going to setup smoke.