• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 89" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
I don't have the plane with me at my hotel, however I used the stock arm, short servo arm on inner hole, and that worked fine for me. You can see the back of the firewall below:

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthrea...quot-Extra-330SC&p=67248&viewfull=1#post67248

I installed the throttle servo on the left of the motor box, with the arm vertical. Used about a 3" rod, small ball link on the throttle arm, adjustable crimp link (think 48" vyper style) on the throttle servo arm.

I also sanded off a little of the engine housing, about 2mm deep by 2mm wide, directly underneath the throttle arm. This allowed the linkage full movement.

gyro

GSN Contributor
One other thing I'd like to add: With my build and placement of equipment, the airplane came out dead neutral in flight: no climb/dive on 2/3rd power inverted up-line.
Batteries were placed on the sides of the fuel tray, just prior to the first former.
Wolverine switch placed as forward as possible. The Receiver was placed on a balsa tray, just behind the wing tube. Throttle servo placed at most practical forward location, about 1" back from forward firewall.

Bottom line: If you don't like a neutral setup (this plane flew great at neutral IMHO) then place your batteries further forward, such as strapped outside the motorbox, or add an ounce or two of nose weight.

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Gary - sounds like you are pretty smitten with it already! And only 2 flights in!!!

Wait till he gets her dialed in. Thanks for posting about the tabs. We'll put a note on the boxes. Can you email me exactly what needs to be reinforced so there's no confusion and we'll put a notice out.

Can't wait to see video and photos. HAVE FUN !!

gyro

GSN Contributor
No video shot this past weekend, just out flying and breaking in the motor.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a good video with myself and Brian flying when I get back to Texas.

bammer991

New to GSN!
one thing I did is add a little epoxy around the wood the gear bolts too. it was a little dry and I fly on grass and not always flat.

uploadfromtaptalk1407813066299.jpglook what I opened tonight.. gp61 will be the engine with the new power hd storm brushless digital servos