• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 89" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
What length standoffs did you use?

The stock GP, plus some spacers. Until I cut the cowl, I can't tell sure how close I am, but I think I'm within a few millimeters.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404362255.829583.jpg

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Hope to start my build this Saturday. Only day off in the next few weeks. Unless the weather is so nice that I can't stay away from the field!

Looks great, I'm sure yours will be flying before I get mine going!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Gary will that carb have enough room? You may want to enlarge that hole to avoid weird turbulence issues there as it pulls in air.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary will that carb have enough room? You may want to enlarge that hole to avoid weird turbulence issues there as it pulls in air.

You don't think this will be enough? My thought was that it'd be pulling air from inside the fuse...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404435105.701285.jpg

3dbandit

100cc
A little more work done... Both elevators are hinged up. No issues, took about a 2mm gap to get full throw, so I'll put some clear ultracote in the gap later to seal it up.

I really, REALLY love the oversize elevators. Also, the metallic blue covering contrasts so nicely with the white, this scheme is amazing.

View attachment 24809
View attachment 24810
View attachment 24808

It looks like you can move the linkage in on the servo arm and still get full throw. If you can do that, you will get more torque and your gears will last longer.

SnowDog

Hope to start my build this Saturday. Only day off in the next few weeks. Unless the weather is so nice that I can't stay away from the field!

Looks great, I'm sure yours will be flying before I get mine going!

That's my problem right now too...The weather today and for the entire weekend is k just too nice tho be inside...gonna be flying every day this weekend.

SnowDog

Gary have you had a chance to CG the plane yet? I'm wondering where you ended up putting all your components to get a good CG.