• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 50cc slick 540 build log

So I have made a few phone calls today.. and I think we have our cause.. I talked to the guys at smart fly today.. and if a battery or a switch goes bad it will isolate that side. The diodes in the batt share will not let reverse current threw. He thinks one of two things happened, 1. I had ingition noise that came back threw my technical aero ibec. And locked me out. 2. I had over loaded my rx with amps... and after thinking about it.. The night before I had to move things around in the plane.. and had one of the servo city servo boards in the plane that feeds power to the servos from the board and puts no load on the rx..I took it out.. cause I really didn't have the room for it with out building more Trays In the plane. To mount stuff on.. cause I had to move a batt to its location.. so after this was removed.. I had 5 savox 1231 servos 1 ultra ibec for the ingition and a throttle servo.. All pulling threw.. The servo bus on the rx.. called Futaba and the rx is just rated for 8 continuous and 10 spike... so I think this might be our corporate. . Bad thing is I was only doing a loop... would be much more easier to say this caused it if I was in a KE spin or a blender...

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Do both packs check fine? You have voltage through the batt share? Even if you beat it around? Motor staying running sounds like everything locked up in the state of power. I don't know much about Futaba, send it in maybe?

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Rolling loop to me would cause the packs to draw more power than a spin in my mind. I just don't buy that you over amped a 50cc Airplane. Sucks man.

SnowDog

I hope you get to the root cause...I always feel better when I have an explanation for what went wrong. And I appreciate your sharing the entire experience with us...because your experience could potentially allow us to avoid a similar situation. I know that doesn't bring back your plane. :(

Got some flights in on mine yesterday. Landing gear fix held up. CG is still off even after putting on the supplied CF spinner. Have to move the batts back by the RX. I see now why you made a tray back there. It will be tight.

Still working on the motor. Even though the new ignition start forward all the time now the GT60, I don't think I am getting full power out of it. We have I fiddle with the timing some more. I had a 23x9 falcon and got 6400 rpm. Then I put a mej 24x8 evo and got the same. I should be revving the falcon much higher. Maybe next weekend I will try a 24x10TH and see what happens.