• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 50cc slick 540 build log

GT60 meet ES 55G pipe. Only 2.5 ounces heavier than the stock OS Pitts installed. Most of the weight is the header and couplers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405711078.545016.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405711087.194735.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405711095.112734.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow that's impressive Enterprise! Just a note and I know you will catch it… You may want to secure the fuel line by the pipe. Looks like it wouldn't take much to get it close and melt it… then you refuel and have a big mess on your hands. I've seen it! I would like to try out those plane bender smooth pipes some day. I've had the btw re2's before and they are great as well. To be honest I've never seen an ES 55g pipe before. What do you think of yours so far? Have you run one before?

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Also in pic two is that a bit of a stress fracture there on that firewall? And love the traded line you are using. Looks awesome.

The airplane had a bad landing on it's first flight due to those stupid aileron bays. We epoxied it to health inside, and that crack is a reminder of that. The fuel line is the vent. I just need to pull the excess back in. This is my first ES pipe. Lots of 30cc ones around here, but I have never gotten to fly one of them. I might get a pull on Daren's this weekend on his 78 extra.

I have a few RE2s and a smooth pipe. The smooth pipe needs more testing. It is a bit better for transition than the RE2, but there is still that RPM surge. Maybe futzing with the header length will change it. If the plane does not pass the sound requirements, I think I will sell a few pipes and the DA-60 and just get another DA-70 for the 89 slick that is the testbed.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Ya I've seen guy burn a hole in the vent line first hand and started filling the plane while waiting for the fuel to drip out the bottom… then my friend saw it draining from the tail section! Lots of gas on the fuse.

DA-70 Woot!

[MENTION=3]GYRO[/MENTION] hey man you asked how to pin a fire wall back in this build and I just saw it.. so you drill down in the firewall and then pin it with a Dowell and cut flushuploadfromtaptalk1407562508493.jpg