• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing 50cc slick 540 build log

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Cool.. I don't want to side track the thread so I may make a thread asking guys about their stands. I maybe making some of my own.... new design of course! We shall see....

cap232

50cc
has anyone cut out any vent holes in the fuse.?
I am kind of used to 3dhs and ef's tunnels to get the heat from the engine. I don't use pipes

I had to cut holes for the pipe exit. I had blocked up off the tunnel before and cut outlet in the bottom of the cowl. I had a big hole there because of the GT60 pitts muffler.

Zippi

New to GSN!
I have 3 flights on my Redwing RC 50cc Slick 540 running the E-flite Power 360. I'm using the Castle Creations 160 HV/fan ESC and spinning a Xoar 24X10 (gas) beachwood prop. Power to the motor is coming via 2 Glacier 5000mAh 6s 45c battery's in series. I'd say the plane is coming in somewhere around 17 lbs. I'm getting a good 5 I/2 min. flight time. Now I'm not a big 3D flyer but more of a IMAC flyer so the flight time may be more for 3D. With this setup the motor and battery's are just warm after a 5 1/2 min. flight. I can't get to the ESC but I'd say it's just warm as well. With this setup it's maxing out at over 5700 watts and max amps are at 121. This motor does weigh a little more than some others but it's working out great for me and what a money saver at over $300.00 over the high end motors.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    999.6 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
I ran a Mej 24x10TH on my Q80-8M. It is a pretty good prop for a electric setup in this power range. My GT60 on a ES pipe seems happier on a 23x10 so that is some serious power you are getting. What RPM?