• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Power systems/ Hitec A9?

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
I ran Y's for many years, long before balancing features in our radio systems for Ailerons and Rudder. Sure, you can't match the end points extremely well, but you can get it "very close". I never noticed any issues with the Y's. I'm even considering doing a "Y" harness set up again, just to prove that it can still be done.
When you say ''y's", do you mean y harness the inner aileron servos right and left and y the outer aileron servos right and left?

yakken

100cc
I ran Y's for many years, long before balancing features in our radio systems for Ailerons and Rudder. Sure, you can't match the end points extremely well, but you can get it "very close". I never noticed any issues with the Y's. I'm even considering doing a "Y" harness set up again, just to prove that it can still be done.
It can be done. But from what i seen was when you trim the planes out then take a flight. Your trim might be a quarter inch off. Everytime you correct it and fly when you land they were always off again.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
With current draw of hard flight and lots of channels available I think Y's would be a bad idea. For current alone I would think a second receiver would be better and eliminate the power expander gizmos. I'm surprised the Hitec does not have a balance feature yet? It basically just works like a throttle curve only for other channels.

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Hitec recommends against running two receivers. The receiver can handle up to 30 volts. Some guys run a y harness to a servo. One end goes to the servo, the other half of the y goes to a reciever battery. Every channel could have its own battery technically. The hitec receivers are basically a power expander themselves. As far as y harnesses, I am not sure if they are saying run a y harness to right and left ailerons like a parkflyer. That I don't think would work very well. The servos would definitely fight each other.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I am not sure if they are saying run a y harness to right and left ailerons like a parkflyer. That I don't think would work very well. The servos would definitely fight each other.

I Think they are saying both left on one channel and both right on one channel. I know Bemeson was a die-hard Hitec user not sure what he did.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
If u want to program the servos i would go with a eq10. Its mutch easier than programming using the hitec programmer. I have programmed them both ways.

Keep in mind the EQ-10 does not actually program the servos, it merely alters the signal going to the servo based on the parameters you set. Hitec's HPP-21, HPP-21 PLUS, and HFP-25 programmers actually alter the programming inside of your Hitec servos. Not sure why they're so difficult to use? They're pretty straightforward...