• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Power systems/ Hitec A9?

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Is anyone running the A9 on your big gassers and what ''powerbox" type systems work with it? Most of them list spektrum, futaba , and JR as compatable. Seems like Hitec is becoming the black sheep lately. I have 8 servos, 2receiver batteries and an optical kill switch. The battery setup is no big deal but if I run the opti I run out of channels.

Shayne Epley

New to GSN!
I've been running the original hitec aurora 9 for a couple years now. I have it set up on my 30% pilot edge and my 43% pau edge. Both planes are set up using the smart-fly power expander pro and work great, never had any issues.

yakken

100cc
My brother and i run smartfly systems with the a9 on 35 and 40 centers. Thousands of flights no issues.we just switched to the a9x and still running same plane setup

emtp275

100cc
I run smart fly in a 30% and 35%, never an issue, I have the expander pro in my 104 but my servos are programed so they match in the wings, If you go with the EQ systems it takes that issue out as you can equalize servos that share a ch in the Rx

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Make sure you have the latest firmware in your Optima 9 before you run the optical kill.

If all is good, then run the optical kill and plug in a pair of y-harnesses into the receiver to give you some space to run your 2 receiver batteries into. We have pilots doing that with zero issues whatsoever.

Powerbox should work without issue.

Alternatively you can run a y-harness on each wing panel to parallel the servos together and reduce the number of channels needed- don't forget to program the servos so they don't bind.

yakken

100cc
Make sure you have the latest firmware in your Optima 9 before you run the optical kill.

If all is good, then run the optical kill and plug in a pair of y-harnesses into the receiver to give you some space to run your 2 receiver batteries into. We have pilots doing that with zero issues whatsoever.

Powerbox should work without issue.

Alternatively you can run a y-harness on each wing panel to parallel the servos together and reduce the number of channels needed- don't forget to program the servos so they don't bind.
What size planes do you fly? No way i would run y harnesses on the bigger stuff.

emtp275

100cc
What size planes do you fly? No way i would run y harnesses on the bigger stuff.
The Y is only there to feed the Rx with power while also letting you use the ch. An expander is may aswell be a Y with isolated power supply to the servo

yakken

100cc
From my experience the servos dont center right using a y harness. I have also had a few other people have the same issue.