• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot 30% Edge 540. Who's Flying it!?

Spats

100cc
View attachment 14404 View attachment 14405 View attachment 14402 View attachment 14402 View attachment 14402 The edge is deffinetly a great plane! I've had a 87" and three 107" with 3 different motor combos. The only thing I've done is increase the counter balance on the elevator and rudder, makes for the most violent tumbles i've ever seen. My latest one has a dle120 on stock mufflers. The key is to keep them light, same plane with my mintor 110 and cans sucked and was 3.5lbs heavier. Wing rock like crazy. I really like the new 330 scheme ,also a great plane

Those look awesome!!!

Sarlacc

50cc
Pilot is very under rated with all the 3dhs fandamonium going on.
I have had 3 of their planes, and they were all awesome. I just ordered a new Pilot Sbach in the rare yellow thunderbolt scheme.
You can get free wood (giggity) if you crash or step on something , and you can order the covering pre cut for the wood you replace.
My 35% Pilot Extra 300 would take all the stress I could give it, and it would ask for more. It was Pilot Extra 300 number 0001. I wish I would have kept it.

hellflyer

New to GSN!
I had the 100cc Pilot Edge and flew the living life out of it for over 400 flights until it expired at Nall two years ago. One of my favorite 100cc planes.

I had my castrol 330 there at that time with a bme116 on pipes! Good times

Spats

100cc
I have had 3 of their planes, and they were all awesome. I just ordered a new Pilot Sbach in the rare yellow thunderbolt scheme.
You can get free wood (giggity) if you crash or step on something , and you can order the covering pre cut for the wood you replace.
My 35% Pilot Extra 300 would take all the stress I could give it, and it would ask for more. It was Pilot Extra 300 number 0001. I wish I would have kept it.

I agree. I have had almost every model of Pilot and hands down its my favorite. Both for how its built and how they fly.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry

Had the orange blue yellow 25% Sbach and traded it for a GP crap cap. What a mistake! I think the build thread is still on RCU somewhere. Anything I have ever had from Tony has been awesome. I will probably get the 30 cent 330sc and do a custom scheme in those same colors and outline! That would be cool I think. A thunderbolt extra 330sc.
GHP_50CC_Sbach342(3).jpg

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well......You all pretty much know what happened when I installed the MORONALIZER and left the plane and radio unattended:face-palm:.

Will just post the repair and maintenance inspection here. New Mejzlik 24 x 8 EVO should be here soon. Will replace Aileron and Rudder servos with NIB of what is in it and order some new gear sets for the current 2209's. Not long and my "go to" will be good as new.

Photo313.jpg Photo315.jpg Snapshot 1 (5-15-2015 11-58 PM).png Snapshot 2 (5-16-2015 12-00 AM).png