• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Just to let you all know a "confirmation" email arrived this evening. So it is on it's way!

I have a prop and spinner. A header and canister yet to purchase. These will be procured shortly. @Terrycustom I will just go ahead and make the stand off mount following your design. It is only going to be about 3/8" deep. Thank you so much for offering to make it. I will pick back up on this thread once I have my other 3 planes in good flying order. Should be a couple of weeks.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just to let you all know a "confirmation" email arrived this evening. So it is on it's way!

I have a prop and spinner. A header and canister yet to purchase. These will be procured shortly. @Terrycustom I will just go ahead and make the stand off mount following your design. It is only going to be about 3/8" deep. Thank you so much for offering to make it. I will pick back up on this thread once I have my other 3 planes in good flying order. Should be a couple of weeks.
I have a new undrilled 32x12 CF and a couple of extra new 3w 170 headers if you like. Will that help? :dancing-chicken:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Some minor stuff done.....The wheels that came with this are ok. They call them "PU" and what the hell that means I have not a clue other than PU is what we said, when I was a kid, when the family dog :steamer: in the house. Well IMO they don't stink but the "hubs" are less to be desired. The actual wheel material is the same as Sullivan "Skylight" and the light H-9 wheels.

Just so happens I have some nice CNC wheel hubs I got through Hobby King. The first picture shows two 3mm x 10mm hex head screws used to compress the tire so the first two "supplied" cross point screws can get installed. These hubs also have a very nice bronze bushing that I put a couple of drops of mineral oil on before sliding them on to the axles.
Photo346.jpg Snapshot_20150509.JPG Snapshot_20150509_2.JPG

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
:face-palm:
Some minor stuff done.....The wheels that came with this are ok. They call them "PU" and what the hell that means I have not a clue other than PU is what we said, when I was a kid, when the family dog :steamer: in the house. Well IMO they don't stink but the "hubs" are less to be desired. The actual wheel material is the same as Sullivan "Skylight" and the light H-9 wheels.

Just so happens I have some nice CNC wheel hubs I got through Hobby King. The first picture shows two 3mm x 10mm hex head screws used to compress the tire so the first two "supplied" cross point screws can get installed. These hubs also have a very nice bronze bushing that I put a couple of drops of mineral oil on before sliding them on to the axles.
View attachment 19280 View attachment 19284 View attachment 19286
Hmmm.....wheels? Just the wheels? That's it? That is all you have accomplished? Seriously? What about mounting the motor? What about installing servos? What about hooking up linkages? What about...??????

How am I supposed to fly it if you don't hurry up and get it done? :msn_slap:

:laughing: