• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Peak Models 32% Extra 330 SC

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Kelly could you get deminsion's on that Tank please Sir.

2.5 inches square by 7 inches long as measured to the top of the bottle cap. And Here is the response I got from Peak Model...

Dear Sir, good day.We can see the problems of the canopy.To send a canopy along is not quite safe, is it possible to repair it in a shop that near you?We can pay the repair fee for you.Regards,Catherine.

2015-04-29 13:21 GMT+08:00 Kelly Davis <kelly.davis76@yahoo.com>:
Received order 4070 and have damage to canopy. Shipping box in good condition. Please see photos.
Can you please provide replacement canopy.
Best regard.
Kelly Davis

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Thanks for measurements, gonna see if 2 of them will fit in Slick.

I see they responding which is good, but ask em what kind of shop for repair.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Hell. I'll just take it to Earl Scheib!.lol Funny thing is a replacement will eventually show up on SDS hobby. lol

I am going to respond saying......Ok...I will fix in my shop.....Fee is $150.00 US:big-grin:

LOL.......go for it, $150 sounds reasonable to me.

They sound like SDS Hobby; I purchased a powerboard from them and it didn't work properly when I received it. They wanted me to take it somewhere to be repaired and were not willing to send a replacement.

Good thing for PayPal and their dispute process.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup, tell them you called up Terry's Custom Designs and the fee to carve and prep a canopy plug is going to be $1400. Shipping to a vacuum former to pull one canopy and shipping to you is going to run $450. Painting will probably be another $100 easy. Then ask them to please pay up front so you can get this process started and give them your paypal address.

If not perhaps they would rather box one up and ship it out shipped via EMS with tracking number at their earliest convenience.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yup, tell them you called up Terry's Custom Designs and the fee to carve and prep a canopy plug is going to be $1400. Shipping to a vacuum former to pull one canopy and shipping to you is going to run $450. Painting will probably be another $100 easy. Then ask them to please pay up front so you can get this process started and give them your paypal address.

If not perhaps they would rather box one up and ship it out shipped via EMS with tracking number at their earliest convenience.

That sounds WAY more betta! You:devil:.lol

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
OK.....Have not yet heard back from Peak Model:dancing-chicken:. Simply asked them to replace the defective part.
Give it a couple of days and if nothing so be it. Now I know why they put the nice gas tank in it! And in all honesty....I think the tank may have caused the damage to begin with because it was loose. No tape holding it down. The way they pack em makes it a miracle that they do show up in decent shape.

OK....Being that this "build" is more quality and customer service oriented.....Lets get some opinions about the pre-glued control surfaces mainly focusing on the elevator. (Aileron travel and rudder is typical....extreme). I do not like the limited amount of travel....Check it out and tell me what you think!
Snapshot_20150505.JPG

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
OK.....Have not yet heard back from Peak Model:dancing-chicken:. Simply asked them to replace the defective part.
Give it a couple of days and if nothing so be it. Now I know why they put the nice gas tank in it! And in all honesty....I think the tank may have caused the damage to begin with because it was loose. No tape holding it down. The way they pack em makes it a miracle that they do show up in decent shape.

OK....Being that this "build" is more quality and customer service oriented.....Lets get some opinions about the pre-glued control surfaces mainly focusing on the elevator. (Aileron travel and rudder is typical....extreme). I do not like the limited amount of travel....Check it out and tell me what you think!
View attachment 19051
Thats enough for me, but you 3D punks want more throw.