• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26 ARF 50-60cc

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
mac26r;15477 wrote: Whatya think Jeff, road trip?

I've been wanting to go back and fly with those guys ever since I met Terry and Lori! Problem is, too many things I want to do, too little vacation! This work thing sure gets in the way of having fun!! Maybe I can justify it if I combine it with a trip to see Josh in NE!!!!

mac26r

50cc
We could do one of those trips like the guys who go see all the ballparks in the country!

Maybe in a few years when your not going to all your kids bowling and I'm not going to all my kids shooting matches we'll be able to do it. It would be an absolute blast!

Dan767

70cc twin V2
Astrohog;15480 wrote: I've been wanting to go back and fly with those guys ever since I met Terry and Lori! Problem is, too many things I want to do, too little vacation! This work thing sure gets in the way of having fun!! Maybe I can justify it if I combine it with a trip to see Josh in NE!!!!

Where's the like button?:smile-new:

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
We would love to have you guys over our way. Anytime you want to come, just let us know.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
So I was eating lunch today and flipping through the new Airshow News magazine and here I find an article about Nicolay Timofeev and his SU-26. Doing a little research it turns out he is the original test pilot for the SU-26. Pretty cool and a neat article. Now that my lunch turned into more than an hour I have to get back to work but here is an older video that I found:

20311=13016-image001.jpg
20311=13016-image001.jpg
20311=13014-image002.jpg
20311=13014-image002.jpg

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Funny how a video that's only seven years old looks so "old". Here is a newer one. Note the square loop at about 2:00, never seen that in full scale!!!

I should also say that I've been busy with other things over the past several weeks but I intend to get back to the Sukhoi and install the side windows. I'll post pics on that process in a few weeks.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Got out late last week and the LAW snapped a few pics.      Perfect dead calm night but a little chilly so it was fun.      Got five flights on the Sukhoi and didn't even let the engine cool down between!!    My wife snapped a couple of cell phone shots (she was pissed she did not have her camera).        This plane is so fun to harrier around inverted right on the deck.      It's like flying a trainer upright!!

Lots of irons in the burner for the next few weeks but I do plan to get back to install the side windows in this bird and will post pics.      

In my travels this fall I've had a lot of people really excited to see and fly this bird.      Anyone here on GSN looking at building one this "building / assembly" season?

Another calm warm day tomorrow so I'm going to take it out again for some more fun.      I ran through the new sportsman IMAC a couple times as well and it performed very well......I need as much practice as I can get on that for next year!!!!!

IMAG1182-1.jpg

IMAG1183.jpg

season??

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
image114-1.jpg

Well Lori wanted to redeem herself with real pics so she came out today.      Went out for another fuel-fly-fuel-fly session for five more flights.     Then tear down and jump in the truck to thaw out the forzen fingers.

Really sucks to see the days getting shorter!!!
image003-6.jpg

image007-3.jpg

image018.jpg

image023.jpg

image027.jpg

image036.jpg

image040.jpg

image043.jpg

image045.jpg

image047.jpg

image060.jpg

image069.jpg