• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

OK.. why is there a camping section?

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Bossier Rob;172 wrote: Must be a low profile Pup tent. The Coleman Instant Tent is the best Joe Nall tent ever made. One person can throw it up and anchor it in minutes. When that stray, out of nowhere thunderstorm pops up, you can take it down, fold it and stow it just as fast. Your standard camping gear is great, but items usually forgotten are spare tent stakes for EZ Ups, a basic first aid kit, and I keep a roll of 10x12 tear off plastic drop cloths. Perfect for covering planes, equipment, and anything else around your pit if you don't have enough warning to tear down and pack up for a downpour.

PM sent Rob

sparkx38

50cc
Anybody have a solution for powering a C-PAP machine? Not sure how long a power inverter would last and generators are so loud. I have often thought about camping at the field but didn't because I have to use the CPAP.

sparkx38;971 wrote: Anybody have a solution for powering a C-PAP machine? Not sure how long a power inverter would last and generators are so loud. I have often thought about camping at the field but didn't because I have to use the CPAP.

See post 13.

KoleDeRacer

1000cc
GSN Sponsor Tier 1
sparkx38;971 wrote: Anybody have a solution for powering a C-PAP machine? Not sure how long a power inverter would last and generators are so loud. I have often thought about camping at the field but didn't because I have to use the CPAP.

Honda 1000i

C-Hymas

30cc
Our camping rig. My wife thinks that roughing it involves pushing the button to start the generator so she can run the blow dryer.

1206=308-20140731_052338.jpg
1206=308-20140731_052338.jpg

I've run mine from an inverter. Not sure the watts but it wasn't huge

no problem at all.... I do then run the Genny at some point during the day for a little bit to charge the battery back up

Come back from IRCHA, the heli jamboree. Lots of generators running! Seemed like the choice was the Honda. But, I did see an abundance of the Champion, Ryobi and Yamaha generators as well.

I chose the Champion due to the low cost of it. If I ever need another generator, I can get another 2kW for half the cost of a Honda 1000i, and have 4x the output. ;) Which I probably will do something like that for when I get my 18-22' trailer.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
C-Hymas;1206 wrote: Our camping rig. My wife thinks that roughing it involves pushing the button to start the generator so she can run the blow dryer.

Sounds like my neighbours wife lolol. He has a toy hauler 5th wheel so she can't camp in style and he can still haul his planes

TBOX

30cc
My Suburban works well. Just remove the 3rd row seating. I can haul 3 planes at once. A 30cc, 60cc, and my 70cc EF with equipment. Just unload and fit a queen size air mattress

in the back!!

BalsaDust

The wife and I have been talking about getting a pop-up trailer to go camping with but I have been considering just getting a nice trailer to haul my planes in and just lay an air matress down at night when I go somewhere.