• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

OK.. why is there a camping section?

SleepyC

150cc
So as I was at a fly-in a few weeks back, I noticed that there was more camping gear being used than most KOA camp grounds. So lets spread some knowledge! What works, what doesn't? What Easy Up's last through a Joe Nall micro burst?!

Drop some knowledge. I'm going to pursue getting some camping companies aboard, maybe we can get some cool contests going!

:D

Mrs.Ratt

70cc twin V2
SleepyC;105 wrote: So as I was at a fly-in a few weeks back, I noticed that there was more camping gear being used than most KOA camp grounds. So lets spread some knowledge! What works, what doesn't? What Easy Up's last through a Joe Nall micro burst?!

Drop some knowledge. I'm going to pursue getting some camping companies aboard, maybe we can get some cool contests going!

:D

I like the Coleman instant tent takes less then a minute to set up and put away! Air mattress, inverter generator, fan and canopies are my must haves when camping.

Smoothflying;149 wrote: I like pitching my own tent. Just use my one pole.

Must be a low profile Pup tent. The Coleman Instant Tent is the best Joe Nall tent ever made. One person can throw it up and anchor it in minutes. When that stray, out of nowhere thunderstorm pops up, you can take it down, fold it and stow it just as fast. Your standard camping gear is great, but items usually forgotten are spare tent stakes for EZ Ups, a basic first aid kit, and I keep a roll of 10x12 tear off plastic drop cloths. Perfect for covering planes, equipment, and anything else around your pit if you don't have enough warning to tear down and pack up for a downpour.