• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need Help with Futaba 8FG Super

Tseres

150cc
Could not find a 4 aileron setting. There is a 4 aileron and 2 flapps setting. I gues one can use it for the ailerons and just not use the flaps. Didn't think of this before.

I was messing with mine today and noticed that I didn't have a control or trim set up for aileron 2 (in a two aileron config) it still trims and controls with whatever is assigned to aileron 1. I was pretty sure my Ultimate was like this too with 4 ailerons set-up

Mikeq

150cc
DougV;12714 wrote: For a 4 aileron wing you can always use the build-in templates for new models, go to new and on wing type select 1,2,3 or 4 aileron wing, select your tail type and you are done, trims are already set.

This book is for the 14SG. In airplane mode, Telemetry and servo slow is the only difference between the 2 radios.

http://www.amazon.com/Futaba-14SG-Programming-Fixed-Aircraft-ebook/dp/B00BMM9J7A

-Doug.

Yeah...Malcolm knows Futaba like the back of his hand...glad to see you here DougV...I was wondering if you would make it...been looking for the Judge and some others

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
attachment.php

attachment.php

The only thing I see "bad" about the antenna setup is that the little exposed ends are the sensitive part and it is good to go ahead and cover them too so they are protected.

13711=7556-IMG_0867.jpg
13711=7556-IMG_0867.jpg
13711=7555-IMG_0868.jpg
13711=7555-IMG_0868.jpg

Tseres

150cc
Today was my last chance for this week to get the plane going. It was doing fine for the first 5 minutes. Then we brought it down and let My friend Jamie fly it. He stayed up high but had a complete lockout on top of an Avelanch. That was the first time that happenned. Got controll back after he hit the kill switch. After long discussions We decided that the antenna needs to be moved. I will try that after the IMAC Worlds is over. I'll be there helping out whit what needs help. I'll probably get to moving the receiver on Sunday.

Tseres

150cc
attachment.php
Here is the new antenna location. Might have a chance to try it out on Tuesday.

I was told not to cover up the tip of the antennas. I let them stick out of the tube.

15893=10814-IMG_0371.jpg
15893=10814-IMG_0371.jpg

AEROSHELDON

70cc twin V2
I don't have the rx manual but the 18MZ manual that has the rx info says nothing about that rule. In fact I was specifically told by a Futaba rep that those ends are sensitive to damage and need to be covered.

It is a bummer that there is conflicting info on this.