• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need Help with Futaba 8FG Super

Tseres

150cc
attachment.php
This is the way I put the antena in. Anyone see any problems with it? It is 90* apart.

12959=6002-DSC_0018.jpg
12959=6002-DSC_0018.jpg
12959=6003-DSC_0019.jpg
12959=6003-DSC_0019.jpg

O

Ohio AV8TOR

I always struggle with where to put them too. The only thing I see with it is both are very close to the carbon wing tube. I will post a picture on my latest MXS when I go home for lunch. I ran a plastic tube down into the tunnel area and one 90° to that.

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Here is how I did mine. I routed one down and away from the wing tube and the other back and away forming the 90º. Remember it is the exposed end of the lead that needs to be away from RF interference.

Please share with me how you are able to post large images in GSN? This same image imported through manage attachments shows up tiny even after clicking on the image. For me to get this size I have to post to photobucket first

Regioncapture8.png

Tseres

150cc
There is a tool bar on top where you type your message. The Blue square with the A/A in it. Click on it. It will turn the blue background off. Then on the right side of the Tool bar there is a Square next to the film strip.If you leave your cursor on it it will say (Inser Image) You click on it. Another window will pop up. in the lower right hand corner it says Basic uploader.Click on it. Another menue will pop up. Then if not already up click on the From Computer tab. Then click on choose File tab. Pick the picture you want to up load. then you click in upload file and wait till the menue goes off and there is a little picture sowing in your reply menu. Doublre click on the picture and another menue comes up. In the second line from the top on the right is a button that says Full SizeClick on it . Then click OK on the lowewr right and post your reply. You should have a large picture.
attachment.php

13118=6055-DSC_0108.jpg
13118=6055-DSC_0108.jpg

O

Ohio AV8TOR

Thanks very much, I kind of came to that conclusion in another thread. Much appreciated

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Antennas will be fine, I've put them right onto carbon before. Futaba systems aren't really affected by carbon components.

I just fitted a cool Fromeco tx battery to my 8FGS today, stoked about that..

The 14SG adds a bit different ergonomics, telemetry, haptic feedback, SBus programmer, and a few more programming options, otherwise the 8FGS is basically the same transmitter inside.

Tseres

150cc
Xpress;13142 wrote: Antennas will be fine, I've put them right onto carbon before. Futaba systems aren't really affected by carbon components.

I just fitted a cool Fromeco tx battery to my 8FGS today, stoked about that..

The 14SG adds a bit different ergonomics, telemetry, haptic feedback, SBus programmer, and a few more programming options, otherwise the 8FGS is basically the same transmitter inside.

Thanks.

Tseres

150cc
DougV. The 8FG dont have a 4 aileron wing template for planes just for gliders. Unless I read it wrong.

It does somewhere. I have 4 ailerons set-up on my Ultimate. With crow! (two top ailerons go up two bottom ailerons go down) for speed brake. If there isn't a template for it then you can customize your channels how you like them to be. With Sbus it gets even better!!