• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need Help with Futaba 8FG Super

Tseres

150cc
I'm a JR guy with a Futaba 8FG transmitter. I'm also stubborn and want to learne Futaba programing.

I specificly want to know how to set up and program 2 servo ailerons per wing. Using an R6014HS receiver.

I don't have a manual and I couldn't find on line in the 8FG manual how to do what I want to do. It may be there but I don't understand it. I can use all the help I can get.

Tom

Tseres

150cc
So far what I've found out is that you go to the Linkage menu. Then Select Function. Function is the Futaba owners best friend. :) In the function menu you can assign aileron to any unused channel. In my case I assigned aileron to the default channel 1 and channel 8. Now you can use the Sub Trim and End Point Adjustment menus to match the servos. You can gang up as many servos as your transmitter and receiver will allow you to do. For Aileron 2 I assigned it to the default channel 6 and the unused 7.

I have only tried it on my desk so far with a couple of servos to see if I could do it and it's pretty easy. I'll set up the plane tomorrow.

I am Happy Now. :)

Tseres

150cc
Also found out that you have to assigne each aileron servo a trim switch. In my case it is T1. Still don't know what to assign the switch ion this menu but I need to confirm it.

If nothing else this may help out another new guy like me.

Tseres

150cc
Another thing to know about the Function Menu is under the CTRL header inside the menu is where you have to put the stick assignment. J1 is what the original ailerons is assigned to. Which is the left an right movement on the right stick in mode 2. Each aileron channel need to have a J1 assigned next to it. When your in the menu it will be more clear.

Can't post pictures right now but when I can I'll show what I mean.

Tseres

150cc
Ohio AV8TOR;12308 wrote: Here are some video links that just might help you from Futaba

Programming 101

Programming 102

Thanks watched both of them. To my surprise, I understod everything. I have to be honest early this afternoon I would have been frustrated watching them I wouldn't have undestood half of it. By playing with the transmitter today and getting some info from Jamie Hicks a Futaba sponsored pilot and a friend. I was able to make the connection. I'm starting to understand more as I go and I'm finding things to my liking. :)

Tseres

150cc
attachment.php
Here is a picture of the function Menu. If you look at Channel 8,This is the Matching servo for the aileron on the same wing, you see a J1 and a T1 next to it. J I think Stands for Joystick and the 1 stands for left and right movement on the right stick. T stands for your Trim button 1 stands for the same left and right trim direction of the aileron. This all sounds very basic and simple to me today but yesterday it was like talking about the back side of the Moon. I had no idea and it didn't make any sense.

Chanel 6 and 7 also have the J1 designation now that I know what they are for.

I went outside my comfort zone, tried something new and I'm starting to like it.

12424=5563-DSC_0016.jpg
12424=5563-DSC_0016.jpg

emtp275

100cc
Once you learn your way around that radio Its a breeze to do any thing, I really hate the fact that it was discontinued really wish they would do a program update to let us use 14ch Rx and take full advantage of the radio without having to use SBUS