• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need Help with Futaba 8FG Super

Tseres

150cc
Run into another snag. I can't get the switch to work on channel 9. I need that channel for the kill switch. I kinda wish I had the 14SG now. LOL.

Super08

70cc twin V2
Tom once you get the hang of programming a Futaba the different transmitters they have are all pretty close to the same. It is just learning how they do things for the first time that makes it interesting, then it is easy. On my Carbon cub I will have flaps and ailerons set up with modes. In one mode only the outer ailerons will move with the joystick and the flaps will go up or down on a flap slider switch. In the next mode the flaps will move together with the ailerons as you move the joystick to give a faster roll rate. I may even add a crow mix later on for steep approaches.

Tseres

150cc
Super08;12706 wrote: Tom once you get the hang of programming a Futaba the different transmitters they have are all pretty close to the same. It is just learning how they do things for the first time that makes it interesting, then it is easy. On my Carbon cub I will have flaps and ailerons set up with modes. In one mode only the outer ailerons will move with the joystick and the flaps will go up or down on a flap slider switch. In the next mode the flaps will move together with the ailerons as you move the joystick to give a faster roll rate. I may even add a crow mix later on for steep approaches.

Thanks Doug. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. All I have to do is do it once and I'll get it. Figured out that I had to turn the 9 through 14 channels on. I can't explain it yet but I can do it. I can turn the ignition on and off and thats what counts. I have everything working on the plane right now. Just have to mount one more switch and set the receiver antenna. Finish the programing and then the re maiden.

Thanks guys for your input it really helped. I'll let you know how it works out.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I sat down with mine and just played with it for hours figuring out all of the features. It really is a VERY powerful transmitter, you just have to dig into its settings and you'll discover that.

Tseres

150cc
Xpress;12821 wrote: I sat down with mine and just played with it for hours figuring out all of the features. It really is a VERY powerful transmitter, you just have to dig into its settings and you'll discover that.

It's a nice transmitter. I have a Spectrum 8ch. This seemes to have it up on the Spectrum. Don't understand why they discontinued it.

Tseres

150cc
DougV;12918 wrote: To bring in the 14SG with telemetry as the 8FG can't be upgraded for telemetry.

Doug

I get that but there is room for both. They were in a different price range. Thats my point. As much as I'm starting to like the 8 there mere be a 14 in my future. But I wouldn't have considered the 14 without owning the 8 first. That's just me.