• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Lol, I dunno bout teacher but thanks, everything I learned is from all these threads and building in the same shop as my friend dwdixon, just took to it all like a duck to water or more like a moth to a flame ! Im actually a first time giant scale builder and first year IMAC sportsman pilot, hell I've only been flying RC 3 years and some odd months, Like the tag says, just a FANATIC about all things IMAC.  Its an obsession. 

-Rick-

100cc
Here is some light reading for you, maybe you've seen it before...

http://www.jcrc.com/news/articles/article-colortheory.htm

That's where I heard of the circle idea.

IMAC FANATIC

Amazing, thats where I first saw the gray scale theory, but couldnt find it again to post.thank you. Good find !  

IMAC FANATIC

Should be working  LoL,  always time for clever banter regarding airplanes. Heres how I decided scheme would work for me, I can see it as clearly in b&w from same distance as color.not true for schemes I had selected in blue/red and even green/white. Secomd best color for me was black white and pink/cream, for some reason my eyes dont pick up white as well as most, and I dont wear
IMG_20141007_131905.jpg

glasses... yet.

-Rick-

100cc
I see where you are coming from, (LOL) Changing it to gray scale lets you see a better perspective of the plane on a cloudy day. My biggest problem is seeing the plane is when I do something like a shark tooth, when I come over the top I'm so high up I lose JUST the wings being level. Big part of that was that I was throttling back way to early and basically just flopping over the top. I'd get bent out of shape and have a hard time getting the wing back to level inverted.  

Plus I was flying a 30cc pilot Edge that really is not a big plane. 

-Rick-

100cc
The guestion about the paint, reason I asked is that we can't buy lustercoat paint in Canada. I thought that they had stopped making it not realizing that the enviro-cops had banned it in Canada!! Hoping that I can order some from tower hobbies and that it can come across the border.

IMAC FANATIC

Wondering if it would be easier for me to buy it here and try to send it to you if all else fails. Just an idea. Ill ask around to see if theres a match somewhere. Gotta be something close, maybe not perfect , perfect is better, but close.
20141008_194806.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

1412832840463-1.jpg

The trim seal is my new favorite thing ! Does exactly what the bottle claims to, buy two ! 

Thats it.. both wings are done save decals and cutting the holes for servo wires and carbon tube !  Covering that is, still have install of servoes , wires, hardware, horns etc.