• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

-Rick-

100cc
Thanks Rob (?) For the removal trick. I'll try it. Monocoat is the only covering I have used. I've done move than a dozen planes with it, just all smaller. But I will go through your thread on the "other" site, always something to learn from someone else's work.                            

And okay Brian, I'll go easy on the stick on's!! (I did wonder about that) If ya can find something with more of a darker blue... But even that could work if I switched it up...

-Rick-

100cc
And good thinking about leaving a bit of the white in the hinge lines!! I didn't think of that. Base color on this thing is white so....

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Heres what I see if I was doing a slick,big  red JR badging in
1564146.jpg
IMG_1697M_800_copy.jpg

, black lettering on wing, thinner red stripe tapers to point instead of fatter at rudder, steal the big 4 square checks from the red bull tail and angle the wing root instead of curved , adds more white to scheme and keeps lines straight and easy to cover. Why the hell do picture post in the middle of the message?

IMAC FANATIC

Supposed to say, big JR  logo instead of Suzuki,  and the color for the fin checker would take off from the color on the stab, would flow very nice. Trend these days is to use dark color on bottom of plane, since it flies in shadow anyways, and to use the white on top, which reflectsheat better when your planes sitting in the heat waiting for your turn to fly the sequence.

IMAC FANATIC

The message is broken up from The pics uploading while im still typing I think. ,

3 hrs overtime tonight means zero build time tonight, bummed, but you gotta feed the monkey somehow ! 

-Rick-

100cc
I like what you did under yours. Don't know if that would be better for me than panio keys. Don't complain about the OT to much, you could be like me and not be able to work any. And it is diffenaly not what I (or you ) would want! Glad I got my planes to keep me busy!!!!h

IMAC FANATIC

Thats easy to decide,  make the patterns on a blank white paper in sharpie or from a "paint" file on computer. Set it against a blue sky and walk backwards until a  red or blue, 2-3" high number or letter in the center of  white area  blurs. Make a mark on the ground and try the next pattern. checks, piano keys, invasion stripes, etc.The farthest one back while number/letter still legible wins. That said, I prefer some sort of checks, seems to give you more reference to level upline. Everyones eyes are different and what works for one may not be cool for another.

I dunno man, a vacation from work seems tempting at times! I was off from union few years ago for almost a year.  Drove me batty, now work local,much less money but everyday work and everyday home.  Somehow it all works out, hang in there. 

Night guys, monday is officially over.! 

-Rick-

100cc
Oh, that's it, you are my teacher from now on!!!! I'll try that, never thought of trying anything like that before!!! I can see something being bigger and bolder standing out. I have also heard of circles working under the plane. Supposedly you can see if the plane is not flying level easier because the circle will change shape. Never tried it but I think you can using your method.

I will never work again cause a doctor really f--ked up my back, he had me on the table for seven hours and messed up bad. He fled the country a week later. This is in Canada by the way. Like I said, I'm glad I have the planes to work on.

IMAC FANATIC

Oh man, thats tragic. And fled the country, geez. What a .... theres too many expletives to use in this situation.  The  test is called a gray scale test.  Not mine I saw a pic of checkers in an eye doctors office and had to know.